My own crackpot theory

no, none that i know of but why would they need a young oryx he’s not even hive how could he be of any use

You should read the lore I referenced in the “Aurash” link. Basically, Quria tried to simulate Oryx in order to understand him, and defeat him. Due to Oryxs ontological nature, he cannot be simulated and Quria came up with the next best thing, Aurash: Oryx before the power and the worm.

so i read it and it appears this simulation of aurash is a new move against oryx so that quria can understand him and it appeared that it was getting close to something but oryx took quria before she could finish the simulation and so i think that savathun used the taken vex mind to simulate a young oryx and then introduced a worm to aurash

Unless you are in a Vex construction, like the Infinite Forest, their simulations do not affect reality. There is no way for Savathun to introduce a worm to Simulated Aurash, to my knowledge. I am also unsure if the simulation would remain once it became paracausal. The Vex have never been able to simulate such beings.

well it could be possible since the vex mind was taken so it might be connected to a throne world like how it was connected to the vex network so it could possibly simulate stuff into reality like the throne world was like a vex construct

while anything could be possible this is highly improbable as we have seen nothing ever pointing to this, not to mention the BOS isn’t the best proof-wise

well i have been making some big stretches so far so don’t be surprised

so after reading a lot of lore about ghosts i think ghosts are the souls of those lost in the collapse forged anew by the traveler to find those who they knew in life was a good or powerful warrior/person, to support this it has been stated that ghosts some how know a little about there guardian before they have even met and in the lore card the we before us they state “We felt ourselves dying. We didn’t want to go.”

Have you read Constellations yet?

yes i have read the constellations lore book

Cool. I have always gotten the impression that the Ghosts in the entry you mentioned were speaking of the Travelers. The damage to the Traveler matches the description of the violence in the entry and this is not the only time the Ghosts have alluded to a “sea of consciousness” when referencing their birth. The foreknowledge of their guardian can probably be tied to the paracausal nature of the Light, especially if each Ghost is truly a half of a symbiotic whole. I do not recall ever coming across evidence that suggests the Light has the ability to re-purpose Souls, or that souls are even accepted to exist in this Universe.

I’d say toland is an easy example of souls existing because that’s what his essence is basically a soul

That is a fair point. There is also the question of how the ascendant Hive survive death via throne worlds if they have no soul.

… why would they lack soul? hell Crotas thing was legit called an “oversoul”

Oh yeah there is also that

I was saying that more to illustrate why there is evidence for souls in the universe.

well there is plenty of things that are either called a soul or similar to a soul, I wouldn’t be surprised if Bungie confirmed the existence of souls in destiny cause it would fit well enough in-universe

so what would happen if vex converted a ghost completely

Because the vex can’t truly comprehend Light I assume it would simply become a harpy but not be able to use the light

Idk if y’all know the manga (though I’d rather call it a graphic novel as it doesn’t really have a typical-manga format) The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún by Nagabe. Apart from being so adorable, sweet and dark at the same time, the world there has some nice mythology that this thread made me think of.

Basically, there are two gods, a White and a Black one; the White god is said to have given people happiness and prosperity, which the Black god liked to steal. Eventually, the Black god infected some people with a curse, and the White god banished both him and the cursed souls outside a big wall. There’s more to this myth, but it’s the basic building block for the story in which we find the cursed believers of the Black god aiming to spread the curse & “normal” people hunting the cursed ones in return.

So if the Light (the Traveler or some other source to which it is a servant) would be ‘the good god’, and the Darkness ‘the bad god’, the Guardians would be the minions of Light fighting the minions of Darkness… which boils down to just a fight between these two gods that we’re dragged into as soldiers. It doesn’t look that nice from this angle, but if the Light is actually a source of prosperity for us as humanity, being its servants seems beneficial to us.

I like the comparison to the Christian faith, it also struck me when I first heard about the game. I’m wondering, though, is Light sentient? Bc Darkness seems to be portrayed as a sentient enemy that aims to destroy us, and the Light seems more a blessed force while the Traveler is thought to be sentient. But if these are just two insensate forces, we can’t really portray one as good and the other as bad, just one brings us more harm and the other is beneficial for us. Like in the way you can’t say acid is evil because it burns you and water is good because it allows you to live.

Woah this got long :o These are just my thoughts when I actually broke it down it my head. Again, I think the basic question here is if Light and Darkness are sentient or not.