Override - Season of the Splicer (Offensive Activity)

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Override
Video URL: N/A
Playlist URL: Override | Splice the Terminal: "Secret to Their Portal Technology" | Season of the Splicer - YouTube
Recorded: 2021.05.12

++ Europa, The Moon, and/or The Tangled Shore

** The Guardians hack a Vex conflux’s terminal to establish a connection to the Vex network.

// OPTIONAL
// NOTE This takes place during Week 1 after House Light arrives in the Last City
{
Lakshmi-2: Within the Vex network lies the secret to their portal technology. We could do great things with such power.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: Accessing the Vex network is a longtime goal of the Future War Cult. Breach it for us, and for humanity!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: The Vex are not a destructive rabble, like the Fallen. They have much to teach. I’m here to guarantee that we learn what we can.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: I can help you exploit an entrance into the Vex network. Once inside, you must find your own way.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Guardian, we must splice an entrance to the Vex network. I can guide you, but I cannot follow.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: The Vex network is sprawling with digital metaconsciousness. And like a Human mind, it can be manipulated.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: The Vex are capable to logic, incapable of subterfuge. This makes them corruptible. Who knows what else might lurk inside their network.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Following a Fallen into battle makes my trigger finger itch. Watch your back, Guardian.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Mithrax and I agree on little, except this: destroy these Vex, harvest their datas, and crush their network!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: We must find a way into the Vex network. Crush these soulless machines, and harvest their wires for data!
}

** This takes place during Week 4 after House Light’s encampment is sabotaged

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: The Endless Night gives cover to our enemies. You must breach the Vex network and find out what’s behind it.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: Continue your work, Guardian. Every breach of the Vex network enhances my ability to foresee potential threats
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: The data you’re recovering from these missions is already yielding results. We hope to stabilize our first portal soon.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The Vex network trembles with your Light. With each incursion, you draw closer to the mind behind it.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The way of the Splicer grows within you, Guardian. Spread your Light throughout the Vex network.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: As the threats against humanity escalate, so too must our defensive capabilities. Vex portal technology could prove a powerful addition to our arsenal.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: The Vex have a more robust view of time than Humans. They’ll have seen this coming. Be careful, Guardian.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: These Splicer techniques are beginning to pay off. Keep hammering the Vex network until it collapses!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Mithrax’s Splicer glove is impressive, I admit. But if Guardian had four arms, we could do the same thing in half the time!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: The Fallen are strange. They are advanced enough to Splice the Vex network, but their ships still look like heaps of garbage!
}

** This takes place during Week 6 after discovering Savathûn and Quria are responsible for the Endless Night

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: The Fallen may help us gain access to the Vex network, but that doesn’t make them our allies. You’re a Human first, Guardian. Never forget that.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: The situation in the Last City is at a breaking point. The data we recover here could prove the key to solving the problem, once and for all.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: The future of the City stretches out before me! Every incursion sharpens my visions Keep pressing, Guardian!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: Now that the true mastermind of the Endless Night is revealed, the data you pull from the Vex network is more crucial than ever!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The corruption of the Vex is deeper than I imagined. We must cleanse it for the good of all.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: The data you recover here will empower all sides. Those who would establish order, and those who would unleash anarchy.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: Quria’s presence in the network proves that Savathûn’s plan is deeper than we imagined. Her endgame is inconceivable, even to the Vex.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: These missions have reminded me who our true enemies are. Collapse the Vex network and limit the Witch Queen’s influence!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Guardians fighting alongside Eliksni to break Savathûn’s hold over the Vex. It’s getting hard to keep track of whose side we’re on!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: I never thought Savathûn was strong enough to corrupt the Vex. We must shut down the network to limit her reach.
}

** The Guardians begin overloading the conflux with data and activate a Vex gate.

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The network entrance is vulnerable! Feed data into the terminal to overload the Vex defenses.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The Vex domain is complex, but it can be overwhelmed. Secure the back door, and overload the terminal with data.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Destroyed Vex yield a ripe source of data! Feed it into the terminal to crash the system.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Mithrax has located a back door into the Vex domain. Get your foot in that door and secure the data!
}

** The Vex deploy countermeasures. The Guardians lose connection to the first terminal.

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The Vex attempt to lock out the terminal. Destroy countermeasures to keep it operating!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Vex forces rally! If they regain the terminal, our incursion will fail. Repel their assault.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Vex are inbound on your position. Hold your ground and guard the connection.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: The Vex know you’ve hacked them. They’re on their way to… anti-hack you. Defend the terminal!
}

** The Guardians clear all connection blockers and attempt to override the first terminal’s passcode.

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The Vex network is revealed in layers. Override the passcode to gain deeper access.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The network attempts to reencrypt. Disrupt the passcode sequence and continue the splice.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Hm, a new layer of security. Escalate access by overriding the passcode.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: The Vex think they can outsmart you. Crush their simple passcode!
}

** The Guardians successfully hack the first terminal.

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The machine-spawn collect their forces. Gather your Light and prepare for battle!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The Vex manifest in spirals. Every revolution ascends into the future. Stay your course.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Prepare for another assault. The Vex will endure as many casualties as necessary to keep the vortex closed.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: The Vex won’t give up easily. They’re recalibrating their defenses. Be ready for anything.
}

** The Guardians continue overloading the conflux with data and activate a Vex gate.

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Vex defenses have been reset. But like circuits, they can be overloaded. Continue the assault!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: A Sacred Splicer must feel the Vex, as you feel the Light. I sense a hidden doorway nearby. Enter and secure the data.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Crack open the Vex and bring back their datas! Do not worry yourself over the bodies. They feel no pain.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Mithrax has located many data caches. Like fuel for your Splicer hand!
}

** The Vex deploy countermeasures. The Guardians lose connection to the second terminal.

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Eliksni have feared Guardian ferocity for centuries. Turn your fury on the Vex!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The Vex disconnect the terminal. But they must retake it to end the incursion. Do not allow it.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: This Splicer tech must work because the Vex are converging to shut it down!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Judging by the Vex response, your fancy Splicer glove is working! Keep at it!
}

** The Guardians clear all connection blockers and attempt to override the second terminal’s passcode.

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The machine-spawn divert your attention. Keep it fixed on the terminal.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The network repairs itself like a body healing a cut. Disrupt the passcode to keep the splice alive.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: The Vex are trying to lock you out. Show them that Guardians are not so easily outwitted.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: They’re trying to fix their broken code. Deal with the Vex, but keep one eye on the terminal.
}

** The Guardians successfully hack the second terminal.

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The vortex gathers energy, moving from potential to material. Your splice nears completion.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The Vex security cycles. Each circuit grows more desperate.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: I can practically hear the Vex gears grinding. They cannot stop you. But they will still try.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: You’re wearing them down, Guardian. Their metal is no match for your Light!
}

** The Guardians continue overloading the conflux with data and activate a Vex gate.

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The network bends to your will. It cannot resist for much longer.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The vortex resists manifestation. A final surge of data will force it into being.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: We need one more batch of data. Then you can jump into the Vex brain-space!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Splicing is more exciting than I thought! It uses a delightful number of grenades!
}

** The Vex deploy countermeasures. The Guardians lose connection to the final terminal.

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: I sense the Vex Mind. It lashes out with something like desperation. They are coming for you!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: I can feel the Vex mind stirring. It is aware of your presence. Prepare for its violence.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: I don’t know about the Vex network, but I know an attack coming when I see one! Hold your ground!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Countermeasures incoming. Turn them back to scrap!
}

** The Guardians clear all connection blockers and attempt to override the final terminal’s passcode.

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Complete the final unlock sequence to manifest the vortex!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The vortex is almost manifest. The Subjugated Mind will soon be revealed.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Mithrax says the vortex is almost ready. I don’t know what that means, but the Vex want to stop you, so it must be good!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: This is their last attempt to lock you out. The vortex is almost open!
}

** The Guardians override the final terminal’s passcode. The conflux’s destruction manifests a vortex.

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The path to the Vex net is revealed. Into the vortex!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The splice is complete! Enter quickly!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: This vortex could lead anywhere. Be careful, Guardian.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: This must be the vortex. Enter before it closes!
}

++ The Outer Nexus, Vex Network

** The Guardian enters the vortex and descends into the Vex network.

// OPTIONAL
// NOTE This takes place during Week 1 after House Light arrives in the Last City
{
Lakshmi-2: The information you glean here could be key to victory over the Vex — and Fallen. Humanity is behind you.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: This is the breakthrough Future War Cult has always dreamed of. It could give us an edge in the coming battle against the Darkness!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: After all this time, our key into the Vex network was a Fallen traitor. Not even I could have predicted that.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: It’s even more magnificent than in my visions! The data you secure here will fuel research for decades to come!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The Vex Network opens before you! Beware: the path to its center has many countermeasures. Pacify them to reach your goal.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: As you ascend, network defenses will grow stronger. Hone your will, and prepare to face the Subjugated Mind.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: Best not linger here, Guardian. The interior of the Vex network can be disorienting. Stouter minds than ours have been driven to madness.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: The data you recover here will be invaluable to the Future War Cult. But not even Lakshmi can foresee the consequences of such a boon.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: The Vex network makes me wonder: if we can’t tell the difference between reality and simulation, how do I know what’s real? Oh, it hurts my head.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: You are beyond our reach now, Guardian. Stay alert to any tricks or traps! This may yet be a ploy by the Fallen.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: When I predicted the Red War, everyone laughed. Now I predict that Vex technology is the key to our salvation, and I hear no laughter.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: Remember, Guardian: just because a Fallen helped us access the network, that doesn’t make them our allies. In the end, humanity can rely only on itself.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: Guardian — you’re realizing a dream that stretches back to Dr. Maya Sundaresh, the founder of the Future War Cult. A truly amazing accomplishment.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: I admire the Vex greatly. This network is a testament to their power. That said, I would still never invite them into our city.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: With access to this network, I can finally unlock technology that’s mystified us for centuries! Imagine what we could do with Vex technology.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The Vex network is treacherous, but Guardians fear nothing. I have seen this. Unleash your Light on this machine domain!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: A change in one branch of the Vex domain cascades into infinite others. Even those with gifted foresight can stumble into… unforeseen consequences.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: The Vex domain still operates on rules like gravity and continuous flow of time. For all their advancements, the Vex still lack imagination.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: If this is a simulation… why is it so ugly? The Vex have infinite power, and they use it like a child with crayons.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: This place is strange. Like a machine Ascendant Plane! I do not like it. Destroy their leader and get out of there.
}

** This takes place during Week 6 after discovering Savathûn and Quria are responsible for the Endless Night

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: It’s frightening that Savathûn was strong enough to make pawns of the Vex. One wonders how else she might infiltrate our ranks…
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: Time is running short. An invasion of the Last City is imminent. We must learn the secrets of this network before it arrives!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: This is the most secure network in existence. Yet Savathûn infiltrated it with ease. We must act quickly, or the Last City will be next.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: Quria’s presence proves that we can’t trust anyone. Not even our own Vanguard. And especially not the Fallen invaders!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: Now that the true mastermind of the Endless Night is revealed, the data you pull from the Vex network is more crucial than ever!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Be vigilant. I should have felt the Witch Queen’s presence in the network, but I did not. Her spies could be anywhere.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: The Subjugated Minds that control this domain are but pawns of Savathûn’s larger game. But be careful: even pawns can kill queens.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: Savathûn has infiltrated the Vex domain, she’ll have calculated the potential futures that align with her goals. What those are, is anyone’s guess.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Mithrax — the Guardian moves through the Vex network with ease. This is your doing. We owe you or thanks.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: This network looks solid. But it’s actually a… simulated super-position. Mithrax taught me that not everything is like it seems.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: The addition of splicing to the Guardian’s arsenal makes them unstoppable! No machine can stand in our way now!
}

** The Guardians enter a Vex gate and hack a Vex conflux. The Subjugated Mind appears.

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Now you see the Subjugated Mind — keeper of this domain. Destroy it to secure the data!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Crush their last defense to complete the splice. We have other networks to collapse.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: This is the Subjugated Mind! Crush these poor machines so we can leave this hideous place!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Nothing can save these machines from your Light. Destroy them!
}

** The Guardians defeat the Subjugated Mind.

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: You did well, Guardian. But I still do not trust these Fallen methods. We could do this on our own.

Mithrax: Leading with fear and mistrust. Eramis tried this on Europa. It was her unmaking.

Lakshmi-2: Is it wrong to mistrust those who have hunted, raided, and murdered us for centuries? I think not.

Mithrax: So said Eramis. Misraaks will help, as long as help is wanted.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Use the Light while you can, Guardian. It will not shine on you forever.

Lakshmi-2: The Fallen are faithless. The Traveler will never abandon us.

Mithrax: So said many Eliksni before the Whirlwind.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: You have manipulated Vex data as you would the Light. This is the power of the Sacred Splicer.

Saint-14: You did well, but never forget: you’re a Guardian first. Your power is a gift from the Traveler. Not the Fallen.

Mithrax: The Saint speaks the truth. All hail the Great Machine.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: You learn quickly, Guardian. Splicing Vex code is like discovering new language.

Saint-14: Bah. Talking to Vex is boring. Better to destroy them!

Mithrax: Yes. You often destroy what you do not understand. The Eliksni have seen this.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The Guardian must make more incursions on the Vex Network. I can guide, but cannot follow.

Saint-14: Sending others into danger from a position of safety. This is Fallen leadership.

Mithrax: Eliksni do not have lives to spare. We use wits to survive.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: I am joyful of our victory! Though it is difficult to watch Guardians deal violence with the Light, as many Eliksni have seen before.

Saint-14: Save your false-holiness for Ikora! Guardians did not go to Riis to attack Fallen. Fallen came to Earth to attack us! I have seen Guardians torn to pieces by Fallen. I have seen unarmed people massacred by Fallen! We defended ourselves from extinction, and now that we have the upper hand, you pretend to be victims. Pfah!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Defenses crushed. Structure collapsed. Now, we look ahead to the next task.

Ikora: I couldn’t agree more. As much as I want to be able to stop and savor this moment, the Vex won’t afford us that time.

Mithrax: That is… uncommon focus.

Ikora: In your experience with humanity?

Mithrax: Many Humans and their kin are eager to… shed the weight of their responsibility through revelry.

Ikora: Some of us bear that weight longer than others. If we’re strong enough.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Ikorakel, how is it that you have allowed your Guardians to wield the Darkness?

Ikora: It isn’t as simple as giving them permission. Zavala expressly forbade it, and yet… Guardians continue to use the Darkness. Some without issues, others… There have been incidents.

Mithrax: You see what became of Eramis. But Misraaks also sees Guardians using the Darkness to defend Eliksni.

Ikora: Nothing is ever as simple as it seems on the surface.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ikora: Mithrax, I was wondering, where do you see this alliance going now that you’ve had time to experience more of humanity?

Mithrax: This is not the first time I have viewed humanity up close. As you say, “warts and all.” A long life gives opportunities to form opinions… and change them.

Ikora: What is your opinion, then? Of us. Of humanity?

Mithrax: A true Kell does not judge many by the few, but… once, a Guardian chose not to pull the trigger, and spared my life. Now… this. I look at humanity and I see a river. Ever flowing, ever changing. You have the power to both destroy and create.

Ikora: That is a… very serene way of seeing the world. Thank you for sharing it with me.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ikora: Another network collapsed. I’ll begin analysis of the data we recovered.

Osiris: We’re spotting shadows.

Mithrax: What is this phrase?

Osiris: Primitive Human astrology. They would observe a distant star through a telescope; wait for a planet to cross in front of its position. Thus, creating a shadow. It allowed astronomers to infer a cosmic truth without being able to perceive it directly.

Mithrax: Ah… hm, yes. Eliksni did this as well. Once upon a time.

Ikora: We’re starting to see so much of ourselves in each other, aren’t we?
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: Outstanding. Seeing the Vex networks collapse like this makes me wonder if we could apply these tactics on a larger scale. If we could collapse everything they’ve built across time…

Mithrax: To what end, Osiris?

Osiris: Eradication of the Vex. Entirely.

Mithrax: And Humanity wonders why the Vex are so hostile. Do you not wonder if this is a future the Vex predict?

Osiris: We do what we must to survive.

Mithrax: So will they.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: Excellent work. The Guardian’s performance has provided me with a wealth of information.

Ikora: Still plotting, are we?

Osiris: Pardon?

Ikora: You were always trying to look ten steps ahead. I suppose that’s why you and the Speaker used to butt heads.

Osiris: Ah, yes. Well, forewarned is forearmed. But I don’t need to tell you that, do I?

Ikora: I learned from the best.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: I don’t know if I ever told you, Ikora… but I’m proud of the leader you’ve become. It’s just a shame you failed to heed more conventional wisdom.

Ikora: Such as?

Osiris: To cauterize all contact with Darkness, lest you risk infestation.

Ikora: Just because you can’t see the shears, Osiris, doesn’t mean I’m not pruning dead branches.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ikora: Hopefully we can end this threat before Lakshmi whips the City into a violent frenzy. The latest reports…

Osiris: Spying on the people of the Last City? Look at you, acting as the devil you know.

Ikora: A good leader uses all available tools to stay one step ahead of any threat. You taught me that.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The Guardian learns to splice into a Vex mind. Learns to make data a weapon.

Lakshmi-2: Manipulation. Infiltration. These are the only skills the Fallen have to share. No wonder so many are criminals.

Mithrax: When Eliksni are hunted, survival becomes a crime. House of Light wishes only peace.

Lakshmi-2: You’re just like the Spider — making peace with one hand and stealing with the other three.

Mithrax: You call Spider thief, but your future-power was stolen from the Vex! Spider is criminal, but he is no hypocrite.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: I do not understand these Splicer techniques. But I confess, they seem to work.

Lakshmi-2: I’m sure the Guardian could have achieved their aim without the help of the Fallen.

Saint-14: Perhaps, but we do need all the help we can get.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: This mission has been a success, due in no small part to Mithrax. But never forget that he is the exception, not the rule. Most of the Fallen are monsters. Guardians have even seen them eat Humans. Is this not true, Saint-14?

Saint-14: It’s true. I’ve seen the Fallen do this and more. But… many things were different back then.

Mithrax: I, too, have heard these stories, though Eliksni scribes prefer silence. It makes pain in my spirit to think on it. But those Eliksni were not of House Light. We cannot change what they did. We can only promise to be better.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Mithrax’s machine glove is a powerful weapon.

Mithrax: The Splicer Gauntlet is not only a weapon. It is a tool for reforming reality.

Saint-14: After many centuries, the Fallen are still full of surprises.

Mithrax: The Eliksni have much to give in service of the Great Machine.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Your attack has been noticed. The Vex already reencrypt their network.

Saint-14: This network is a… place? Like another planet?

Mithrax: The Vex network is potential reality. Mathematical superposition verging on existence.

Saint-14: You’re like Osiris. You make me feel like crazy one.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Your combat is impressive, Guardian. The Light favors you.

Saint-14: The Guardian did the hard part, but I admit your Splicer tricks are… useful.

Mithrax: The Saint finds use for the Eliksni. Hmm. These are dark days indeed.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Your fancy Splicer glove worked, but next time, let’s use explosives.

Mithrax: The Vex network cannot be spliced by… explosives. A Sacred Splicer is subtle.

Saint-14: Subtlety flies out windows once shooting starts.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ikora: I’m happy to see this partnership working out, Guardian. It looks like the House of Light is pulling its weight.

Lakshmi-2: This victory is not without cost. How do you think the people of the Last City feel, hearing you praise your enemies? Your shipwright, Miss Holliday, for instance. Do you think she’ll forgive as easily as you?

Ikora: Mind your words carefully. Do not presume to speak for me or Amanda.

Lakshmi-2: I speak for the people of the Last City. They’ve not forgotten all the misery the Fallen have caused us. Even if you have.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: Another Vex node collapsed. Excellent. How does it feel, Mithrax? Working hand in hand with the enemy?

Mithrax: I do not see Guardians as the enemy. We are all children of the Great Machine. Of the Light.

Osiris: Does that erase a history of violence?

Mithrax: Those who hunger for violence will find it. It is a circle that eats itself.

Osiris: I suppose that it is.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The Guardian’s incursion was necessary, but I am sorry to see so many Vex destroyed.

Osiris: It’s strange to hear sympathy from such an accomplished warrior. Tell me, Mithrax-kell, how many Humans have died in your hands? Dozens? Hundreds?

Mithrax: You are right to question sincerity. I have killed many Humans. Even some Guardians. And reveled in violence. But I hope now that our violence past will create a future peace. If not, the Darkness triumphs already.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Your Guardians are efficient at death-making.

Osiris: Aren’t they? And yet without the Light, the Eliksni have proven more than formidable adversaries in the past.

Mithrax: We do what is needed in order to survive.

Osiris: Are those your words? Or is that Eramis I hear?

Mithrax: No. They are yours.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ikora: A rousing success. It’s remarkable what we can accomplish together.

Mithrax: Ye. House Light and humanity, hands joined, become a wall of pikes. Now, imagine more hands. All joined against a common enemy.

Ikora: More Eliksni Houses?

Mithrax: Eliksni. Cabal. Hive, too, perhaps. Imagine what we could all do, if we simply understood.

Osiris: You would join hands with Savathûn?
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: Ikorakel. Do you have… family?

Ikora: The Vanguard is my family. Zavala, the brother I never knew I needed, and Cayde… Cayde. What of you? Is your fireteam your family?

Mithrax: No, no. Fireteam is fireteam. Family is family. Very important to Eliksni. Large. “Ketch is Kin,” [chuckles] as we say. I have a daughter. She is very wise for her age… hm, sometimes too much. I fight for her.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ikora: Stellar work, Guardian. You and Mithrax make a good team.

Mithrax: Ikorakel. I understand Eliksni are not the only species you work alongside. You found peace with Caiatl of the Cabal, yes?

Ikora: Peace is too strong a word. We made a mutual decision to turn our attention elsewhere.

Mithrax: And some warriors, like Saladin-Commander, do not find joy in this. He finds no victory in peace.

Ikora: It will take some time for Saladin to adjust. He’ll come around.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ikora: Has Saint-14 spoken to you yet, Mithrax?

Mithrax: We have exchanged heart-words.

Ikora: Good, I hope this is a start to finding common ground. A road to peace. Your story about Saint — the way the Eliksni children tell it, especially — it deeply affected him.

Mithrax: Good.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Lakshmi-2: Impressive work, Guardian. But beware the influence of Savathûn. Those who wield the Darkness are no doubt more susceptible to her machinations.

Mithrax: Darkness in hand and darkness in heart are not the same thing. True valor cannot be turned.

Lakshmi-2: You worship the Traveler, but condone the use of Darkness? How very convenient.

Mithrax: Great Houses destroyed. Made refugees in a foreign land. Nothing is “convenient” for Eliksni.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The Vex are weakening. Your attacks are taking a toll.

Lakshmi-2: With the Witch Queen hiding, now is not the time to trust new acquaintances.

Mithrax: Do not trust Misraaks. Trust the Great Machine. Its power flows through the Guardian.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: We are making progress against the Vex. But be careful — Savathûn will be watching.

Lakshmi-2: I suspect she’s been watching for quite some time.

Saint-14: She best not watch me! I will spot her like Suraya’s bird!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Saint-14: Now that we know Savathûn is behind the attack on the City, our missions are even more important.

Mithrax: The With Queen threatens all. Together is the only way forward.

Saint-14: I could not have said it better, my four-armed friend.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Mithrax: The Vex are staggered. I can sense their confusion. Only a few more incursions to go.

Saint-14: To your credit, Mithrax. I was wrong to doubt you.

Mithrax: Save your doubt for the Witch Queen. It is one of her only weaknesses.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: Enjoy your victory, but remain vigilant. The Vex are but a part of Savathûn’s final plan.

Mithrax: The Witch Queen is dangerous, but she is no match for the Great Machine.

Osiris: You’re right, Splicer. The Light is the key to victory.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ikora: The Endless Night was Savathûn’s work all along. I can’t believe we missed it.

Osiris: Yes, it would see that the Witch Queen was rather careful in her manipulations… to fool the Vex.

Ikora: You almost sound like you admire her.

Osiris: Shouldn’t I? We could learn much from studying Savathûn’s manipulations; see a larger picture. How better to understand your enemies, than to learn to think like them?
}

I found the following errors:

• Couldn’t convert post into a transcript.