Pitting Supers against Real World Physics

I have been talking with Crystal about how the Nova Bomb (if it were actually a super nova) would bascially kill everything in the Solar System (in my opinion and educated speculation). I have also looked at the Fist of Havoc and the implications and needed energy to do what it does in game but that sort of fell flat. SO, I am coming here to see what you guys (and gals) think about the Supers and such. What do you think it would be like IRL if some one were to do this? Personally I think that this is an interesting topic worth looking into to see what our guardians are pulling realistically. (Also I liked Austin from Game Theory which inspired my inquiry originally.

1 Like

I don’t know where you’re getting the “Super Nova” part of the Nova Bomb stuff.
Supers are, from what I can tell, power by just yourself, the energy applications wouldn’t (Logically) apply. Arc energy could possibly have different types, the kind we use in weaponry (And is generally applied to any electric based idea. Like Static Electricity or something.) And the kind we generate to show our Light’s “Affinity”.
As for the Void end, it is controlled in a way that we don’t effectively kill the universe just by doing one thing. They (Guardians) may just be slapping on labels to sound cool, rather than actually title it with it’s limitations in mind.
Just my thoughts at least.

And even then, we would be using Stormcallers to power the City, because all of that pent up energy could be used for something, but since we don’t have any lore supporting this idea, it’s safe to assume they can’t.

Yeah but this is more so, “well… let’s say it was what it said it was and let’s just see what it would do if it WERE able to do (insert super here) in the real world using real world physics and logic.

1 Like

Well, then I’d love to just electrocute some people. Of course, if we did have people like that, then either the Military would take advantage of that, they’d create their own nation and say “We rule you now.”
I would do that. Just walk up to people and say, “Oh by the way, I can cause a supernova, want to see?” And they’d walk away as if I am crazy, or if you’re crazy, you’d cower in fear because you believe me.
Either way, if we did have a Realistic, IRL Nova Bomb.
Well, the Human race wouldn’t be here at all. Mainly because the Gene Pool would suffer from the ones who got Lucky. And decided that using a Supernova was a good idea.

1 Like

Yeah. That’d be fun buuuut. What would the energy implications of said skills mean? What would it do to the user and by extension who it’s being used against.

1 Like

Well, if you had the power, then I would assume nothing, as if you control it, then why would it destroy you? Or is it a weird presence thing?
Who it’s being used against?
Heh…
Heh… Worst case, you’re horrifically amalgamated. Best case? You’re dead.

1 Like

Well… I was looking for like “you would need to draw X amount of energy in and that would kill you.”

1 Like

the light rather than an ability bound by laws, is paracausal, meaning it defys normal laws, that aside through thorough testing the light itself doesn’t seem to harm users who have an affinity but at the same time can kill those the player deems enemies, proving this are the crucible mechanics, due to the fact that in crucible you cant really kill your teammate with a super but you can kill other guardians in crucible, in pure terms of total force/energy outputted by a super I have no answers for, estimations sure, but no definitive answers. (I would link some lore tabs but this really doesn’t need explanation to anyone who have played crucible before)

hope this helps!

1 Like

Sorry if this sounds mean but I don’t think you are understanding what I am getting at here. I am saying: “Say it weren’t paracasual, what would happen when you launch it?”

1 Like

I feel like a lot of supers would either kill the user and/or cause massive damage to the world. For example, a chaos reach would probably kill the user just from the amount of electricity that would be in the beam; a blade barrage would cause a crater from the explosions. For your idea about the crucible @Aaetheon , I’m almost sure that in a certain lore or grimoire card Shaxx says he has a special way of preventing team fire. But the fact that supers don’t harm you or your allies could just be a game mechanic that has nothing to do with reality, because if you could harm your allies the amount of trolling would be insane. All around for fps games, they turn team fire off to make the game more balanced, unlike what is in real life.

well light doesn’t actually work if it were bound by our laws but lets forget that, so what would happen if I suddenly pulled a golden gun in the middle of a math class and domed the teacher,
well for one I would be holding a gun so hot it glows a bright orange light, meaning it is made of some sort of material and not to mention my entire lower arm would be burning, so the likely scenario is that the gun would likely fall out of my hand due to the fact that is melted through it likely before I even manged to aim and fire not to mention the extreme pain I would experience.

that good?

1 Like

That is probably the most likely scenario. But if we are using real life logic, I would have a question. Where did you pull that golden gun out from?

YES, that is what I am looking for. What would it do to a normal person?

1 Like

Seeing how bright it is and how flames come out of it and it shoots bullets of flame, I’m pretty sure everything around it would melt, including people.

indeed but I was only theorizing what it would do to the user If one suddenly appeared in their hand as the raised it

1 Like

Ah. Then everything would still melt

Yeah also you would be gathering the needed materials from literally nothing so likely you would be taking in the needed materials from the surrounding area making a… not so great reaction.

1 Like

:smile: indeed, something that hot would scorch much around it the bullet would drill through quite a bit and the floor would melt into a puddle were the gun fell, and to Jubi’s question, surprisingly no, if you just added certain things to the oxygen atoms in the air to create something it wouldn’t effect much, but if one was to simply take the things around him for usage then a bunch of super-heated shrapnel would pierce through the walls of the classroom and form itself into a gun, likely killing a vast amount of people and injuring many more with burns

2 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking that. Because unless it is pure flame metal would have to come from somewhere so likely it would pull in beams and such, burning people and cutting them up with the shrapnel and then killing everyone by melting their face off.

1 Like