Quest: Boot Sector, Raising Our Defenses

Name: Quest: Boot Sector, Raising Our Defenses
URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9FoK3QDXIo&list=PLuETOCJ3rwAYGQvo1yPyYtlmsUJ9MMKjf&index=1
Recorded: 2020.03.24

Transcript:

++ The Sludge, European Dead Zone, Earth

** The Guardian enters the Seraph Bunker.

++ Seraph Bunker: EDZ, European Dead Zone, Earth

** The Guardian heads through the corridors. The Guardian opens a door to the Seraph Bunker and sees the Fallen infiltrating the Bunker. Zavala defends Ana Bray against the Fallen with a Sentinel Shield.

Zavala: Multiple contacts!

Ana Bray: Okay Rasputin, let’s get you plugged in. [pause] This interface is - so convoluted. Buy me some time.

Zavala: Take as long as you need. I have your back.

Ana Bray: Damn firewall. The access point doesn’t recognize my login.

** The Guardian heads towards the control room, defeating the Fallen which they encounter. The Guardian enters the control room. The Guardian defeats the Pilferer Captain, securing the control room.

Ana Bray: Connection locked! Good to see you, Guardian.

Zavala: Indeed. Ana, are you certain we can’t operate this bunker from the Tower?

Ana Bray: Interfacing Rasputin’s mainframe with these systems is the only way we’ll get the firepower we need.

Zavala: Hopefully the Warmind remembers where to point said firepower.

Ana Bray: You think he’ll miss?

Zavala: I’m more concerned with whether it will pull the trigger.

Ana Bray: He’s a Warmind, Zavala. He understands the stakes.

Zavala: Rasputin has been silent for too long while Guardians hold the line.

Ana Bray: You gotta have a little faith.

Zavala: Faith is self evident. If it’s between you and Rasputin, I’ll put my faith in you.

Ana Bray: Listen. He’s on our side.

Zavala: Then I hope it proves me wrong.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE If the Guardian speaks to Ana Bray.
Ana Bray: Rasputin can do this. Trust me. I understand Zavala has his doubts. I’ve stood on those walls. I’ve seen what looked like the end. He’s… he has a lot of people relying on him. The Almighty will be knocked out of the sky. We won’t let you down.
}

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE If the Guardian speaks to Zavala.
Zavala: We give our lives for the City. On the Moon. In the Black Garden. Rasputin hasn’t so much as glanced in our direction. I’ve failed to protect our people before and must bear that responsibility. Be ready. The City doesn’t look to Rasputin for protection. For good reason. If it comes to it, we Guardians must be the ones to make a hard choice… Truth be told, I don’t believe Rasputin even knows what sacrifice is.
}

** Zavala and Ana Bray transmat out of the Bunker. The Guardian restores Rasputin’s connection to the Bunker.

2 Likes

So, for my source (URL), I was only able to get Ana’s Optional Dialogue. Seems like the programming will only let you choose one NPC to talk to, so I found Zavala’s Optional Dialogue in another random video. I added it to the transcript for the time being.

EDZ Seraph Bunker: Zavala’s Optional Dialogue @ 33:10 (Timestamped)

Zavala: We give our lives for the City. On the Moon. In the Black Garden. Rasputin hasn’t so much as glanced in our direction. I’ve failed to protect our people before and must bear that responsibility. Be ready. The City doesn’t look to Rasputin for protection. For good reason. If it comes to it, we Guardians must be the ones to make a hard choice… Truth be told, I don’t believe Rasputin even knows what sacrifice is.

If anyone has their own footage of Zavala’s Optional Dialogue, I’d appreciate a link! :slight_smile:

Edit: Ignore this source, we got one from another contributor.

1 Like

There you go

2 Likes

Thank you! @DrJazzyBebop can you credit Giellman-10 for this as well?

1 Like

Thanks @Giellman-10! I’ll make sure to include both of you in the credits

1 Like

Created Quest: Boot Sector, Raising Our Defenses based on this post.