Quest: Mission Cocoon (Speak to Queen Mara Sov)

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Quest: Mission Cocoon (Speak to Queen Mara Sov)
Video URL: The Awoken Wing in the H.E.L.M. | Wayfinder’s Compass — Speak to Queen Mara Sov | Season of the Lost
Playlist URL: Lost, Season of the (Story)
Recorded: 2021.08.24

Transcript:

++The H.E.L.M., The Tower

(Missing an interaction for this step of Cocoon; it takes place after the first mission but before Wayfinder’s Voyage I)

**The Guardian approaches the Awoken wing and enters. Multiple Corsairs stand guard or work around them; multiple machines and Awoken artifacts fill the area, including a teleportation gate that leads to the Dreaming City.

**The Guardian interacts with the Compass Calibration for the Wayfinder’s Compass. Mara’s voice is heard (I’m not sure if she’s speaking through a radio or in the Guardian’s mind? It doesn’t have the usual radio distortion.)

Queen Mara Sov: Approach, Guardian.

Queen Mara Sov: Believe me when I tell you that I did not know of Savathûn’s deception until she arrived in the Dreaming City.

Queen Mara Sov: She offered me a bargain: if I exorcise her worm, she will release Osiris and help us defeat the Black Fleet.

Queen Mara Sov: I recognize the risk. Her inevitable betrayal is all but a guarantee.

Queen Mara Sov: But without her worm, Savathûn is vulnerable: unprotected by the security of her throne world.

Queen Mara Sov: Mortal.

Queen Mara Sov: To separate Savathûn from the parasite inside her, I need Techeuns: skilled Awoken mystics.

Queen Mara Sov: Few still live. Most were lost guiding my return to the Dreaming City when Xivu Arath ambushed us. But I can still feel their minds.

Queen Mara Sov: The mystic compass you hold will reveal pathways to each lost Techeun.

Queen Mara Sov: Relight the pathways of the Ascendant Plane, and guide my people back to me.

Queen Mara Sov: My Wrath, Petra Venj, will brief you further.

// REFERENCE {item: Wayfinder’s Voyage I}

we can add this later

until otherwise proven i think it’s safe to assume she’s speaking through the terminal instead of telepathy

“compass calibration” is a quirk of the UI here. it’s the compass’s “faction” description, in this case representing “the thing you level up at this vendor” so i don’t think it’s a physical thing or needs mentioning here

Created Wayfinder’s Voyage I: Speak with Mara Sov based on this post.