To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Quest: Not Forged In Light
Video URL: [url]
Recorded: 2020.05.05

Transcript:

// REFERENCE {transcript: Paradox Daily}

++ The Tower, The Last City, Earth

// REFERENCE {item: Cult Ghost}

** The Guardian speaks to Lakshmi-2 in the Tower’s Hangar.

Lakshmi-2: The Vault of Glass is a place of many mysteries. To find a Ghost of our order deep within its shifting timescape… thank you, Guardian. The Cult owes you a debt.

** The Guardian turns in the Cult Ghost.

** The Guardian earns reputation through donations to the Future War Cult and speaks to Lakshmi-2.

// REFERENCE {item: Ready for War}

Lakshmi-2: Here’s how I see it: the Hive want to eat us. The Fallen want our stuff and the Cabal want our planet. But it’s the Vex, Guardian, only the Vex can take our past away from us. If we’re going to understand what these files mean, I’m going to need more context. Hunt down a powerful Minotaur Taken by Oryx. Destroy it, and pull a simulation core from its husk. Shatter the core and return to me.

// REFERENCE {item: The Simulation Core}

++ The Sol System

** The Guardian tracks down a powerful Taken Minotaur, destroys it, and then shatters the simulation core it leaves behind.

// REFERENCE {item: Simulation Core}

Lakshmi-2: Excellent work. I’ll make good use of the data your Ghost is feeding me. We’ve spent more time looking through these files, and we believe we know what your next step must be. It will not be an easy one. Gather a fireteam and return to the Vault of Glass. Confront Time’s Conflux, Atheon, and take its eye. Within the eye will be invaluable data. Shatter it, as you did the simulation core, and then return to me.

// REFERENCE {item: The Eye of Atheon}

++ The Glass Throne, The Vault of Glass, Venus

// REFERENCE {grimoire: The Vault of Glass}

** The Guardian acquires the Eye of Atheon and shatters it.

Lakshmi-2: Excellent. I will begin my analysis of Atheon’s data at once. I have results from the simulation core. The heart of the minotaur revealed a… ripple. A snag in the timestream around the Twilight Gap. Head out to the pass, try to determine what Praedyth’s Ghost saw there. Then, return to my side.

// REFERENCE {item: Approach the Twilight Gap}

++ Twilight Gap, The Last City, Earth

// REFERENCE {transcript: Shadows at Twilight}

** The Guardian explores the Twilight Gap using the pools of Light to survive against the Shadow of Oryx. The Guardian acquires the Bracelet of Ana Bray.

** The Guardian speaks with Lakshmi-2 in the Tower’s Hangar.

Lakshmi-2: Let me see what you… a bracelet. With the symbol of House Bray? Ana Bray’s personal sigil. Guardian, the inner circle will be grateful that you have returned this artifact to the Tower. The data you retrieved from the Eye of Atheon, meanwhile, has pinpointed another ripple. This one is at the heart of the Black Garden. Is it time you returned to Mars? The ripple in the Garden apparently flows from a construct called “The Groundskeeper.” Find it, destroy it. And return to my side.

// REFERENCE {item: Approach the Black Garden}

++ The Black Garden, Meridian Bay, Mars

// REFERENCE (transcript: Blood in the Garden}

** The Guardian enters the Black Garden and draws out the Groundskeeper. The Guardian angers the Taken and defeats the Groundskeeper.

Lakshmi-2: And now… what? A ring, with the symbol of the Warlock Pujari? Death, again. Like Ana Bray, a Guardian fallen to the second death. Lost to us. We shall study these objects, Guardian. Learn why they have been pulled through time. I believe your work is over. For now. Praedyth’s files have unspooled. Their data undone like uncoiled strands of hair? And what has fallen free? A weapon, transmatted from some time and some place, and specifically for you. Someone has taken notice of our actions, Guardian. Someday, we may be able to ask them to explain what all this means.

// REFERENCE {grimoire: No Time to Explain}

// REFERENCE {lore entry: Jussive}