Skolas' Revenge

Name: Skolas’ Revenge
URL: https://youtu.be/KkehTI0RWP4
Recorded: 2017.01.29

Transcript

Prison Of Elders, Queens Bay, The Reef
Variks Prison of Elders welcomes you. Impress your warden, yes?

Variks speaks to us through a servitor guard in the airlock
Variks Round 1. Hive, creatures of the Darkness…arise. They will try to kill you. Kill them back.

Completing wave 1
Variks More enemies Guardian

Completing wave 2
Variks Incoming

Completing wave 3
Variks Your victory tells the tale. Retreat to airlock.

Variks Round 2. Vex drones unfeeling death. Fight! Win! Live!

Completing wave 1
Variks Enemies advance. Seek mines, destroy them. Or die

Completing wave 2
Variks Success Guardian. Success. Be ready. More enemies on the way. Mines must be dismantled. Or death.

Completing wave 3
Variks Sucess Guardian. Sucess. Enemies die. You live. Well done. Retreat to airlock

Variks Round 3. Cabal war machine is on the march. Kill them dead Guardian.

Completing wave 1
Variks Cabal advancing on your position. Mines must be dismantled. Or death.

Completing wave 2
Variks Success Guardian. Success. Be ready. More enemies on the way. Mines must be dismantled. Or death.

Completing wave 3
Variks Success Guardian. You have done it. Victory well earned. Go back to airlock yes?

Variks Round 4. Fallen of the Wolf Banner march to war. Impress me yes? Fight and win!

Completing wave 1
Variks Fallen reinforcement unleashed. Important target Guardian. Kill of be killed

Completing wave 2
Variks More enemies Guardian. Intercept important target… or you die.

Completing wave 3
Variks They are dead. You are not. Go back to airlock, yes?

Pilot Servitor in released into the challenge arena
Variks You face the final round. Pilot Servitor of a war-wrecked Fallen Ketch

Defeating the Pilot Servitor
Variks Enemies die. You live. Well done. Need you back in airlock Guardian.

Skolas is released into the challenge arena
Variks You face Skolas, the traitor Kell.

Skolas’ health reaches 50%
Variks Mines must be dismantled. Or death.

After dismantling mines
Variks Success Guardian. Success.

Skolas’ health reaches 25%
Variks Dismantle mines, yes? Or you die.

After dismantling mines
Variks Success! You have done it.

Defeating Skolas
Variks Your victory tells the tale. Retreat to airlock

Standing in the Prison of Elders airlock
Variks Stand proud. You survived the Prison of Elders. Treasure awaits below. It calls to you, yes?

1 Like

Well, this was a rather interesting transcript @baxter
There is dialogue… but its not exactly what I would consider dialogue.

1 Like

Haha, yeah… thank you so much for transcribing it! I thought there was more… substance to it. Oh well! :sweat_smile:

Created Skolas’ Revenge based on this post.

It looks like the video links to Tenebrous Tunnels rather than Skolas’ Revenge.

My bad! I have just updated it

you know it’s actually the intro that really is interesting.

“Bone-walkers of the Hive” is one

like it doesnt say anything super substantial but it’s interesting to hear Variks’ take on the enemy, especially since it calls them “bone-walkers” like we know they use a bone-esq armor based on a few things.

@AnonPig i suppose so. in the same way Variks calls Skolas a traitor.

yes exactly, VARIKS says that and that says so much more about him than it does Skolas.

because that’s an opinion of an increasingly important character.

the answer is quite simple too, Skolas was mad. Skolas would pit Eliksni against Eliksni and push them farther and farther away from what they once were, making them truly Fallen.

Variks has a number of different lines depending on the enemy-type introduced.

so @GhostDante are you saying that we should be transcribing all the PoE levels and bosses? Because if we are, can I suggest that we omit some of the oft repeated lines. such as ‘dismantle mines, yes?’ and ‘return to airlock’ @baxter

If y’all wish. For specific bosses, like Skolas and Qodron, certainly transcribe ‘em, as they’re important, but for the standard PoE bosses, that’s all y’all’s call. If I had a PS4 I’d be doing it because its interesting to hear all of Variks’ lines.

I think simply the opener lines are the important ones.

So American :smile:

Yeah, this is a tough one, I hadn’t really thought about it… It doesn’t make sense to have all of those repeated lines — Lore-wise we don’t really gain anything from having them. But I think a video that included all the lines from PoE would be difficult to edit… what do you guys think?

So American :smile:

hashtag-Murica!

A “super-video”, you say? While that’d be nice, it would require playing PoE potentially a couple hundred times to get it all. Unless anyone’s willing to do that much grinding – plus jumping back and forth between the Reef to save treasures – that’s just about impractical for, what, a thrity minutes video? Speculating on the time, though, since all of his PoE lines would be featured at least once.

I don’t think it would be a 30 min video. However, its going to take a few weeks to get through since the rotation of 35 bosses will take a while.

@baxter I don’t mind giving it a go. But as I said. It is going to take several weeks

Im starting to regret my previous offer. oh god… so much video to edit

1 Like