The cyclical nature of the Destiny timeline

To help explain why I believe this about the sisters you can go back and look at how Oryx describes them after they part ways.

The books of sorrow the gift mast.

This passage? "Then sayeth Savathûn, “Siblings, listen, we must part ways a while, so that we may grow different.” She flies her war-moons into the black hole. Her throne becomes distant.

Sayeth Xivu Arath, “King Oryx, you take up too much space, your power constrains too many choices. I must go away from you.” She flies her war-moons away into the night. Her throne is barred shut.

Then Oryx was alone. He spent a while in thought, and those thoughts are recorded here. "

Yes the choices the siblings make could be the point at which everything happens.

The throne that is barred shut and the throne that becomes distant could be seen as them being fused together with the occupants of our solar system at that time.
Now of course this is all speculation on my part but they coincide with other events that could be their mirrored image.

I have found no evidence in the lore that Savathun or Xivu Arath made it to our Solar System until after we killed Oryx. If you are saying that the two sisters leaving Oryx is akin to the humans leaving earth, I can get behind that for this metaphor.

“Savathun and her broods have liberated the Qugu from jaw-beasts, and indeed from existence. But as they chased the Qugu ark-ships, I stopped in to vaporize my sister’s warship and a few of her underlings. I want to dwell on the ruins a while, and punish Savathûn for failing to guard her flank"

The mirror to the queens attack on the dreadnaught maybe.
The outcome is the same kinda but the queen attacks oryxs flank in our time.
The queen even speaks to oryx like the both new it would happen the way it did.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VQ6DPgfkFeyEofFSt9BKVUXF59Zytw8HUqFcAn_-F6s/edit?usp=sharing give this a look and see if the mirror connections i make are valid.

ill be blunt.

1. most of this is likely coincidental and is vaguely similar at best ( main post and most of everything else, haven’t read the doc)
  2. the awoken are not a hybrid race created from hive or vex (at least to my somewhat extensive knowledge on the subject)
  3. unless this is a joke (in which a wooosh is valid) the comment that no.2 was about made no sense at all

(edit)

1. skimmed the doc, guessing this is ether a joke or wild spinfoil

1 the pattern of events mirroring each other are too much to be a coincidence.
2 I believe nobody knows where the awoken are from, a fusion of races is just a guess.
3 not a joke, some connections are weak and some have amazing similarities but they all hold to the idea of yin to yang, good to evil, friends to foe mirrored metaphor aspect to them.
4. Read the whole thing and try to make your own comparisons between the two little stories from detinypedia and see if a pattern pops up.

alright, first off respect for actually coming up with a rebuttal instead of just getting triggered and ill do an in depth read

Just going to say, I think the Awoken were originally human and transformed. As mentioned in the Awoken of the Reef lore books: “…is said that the Awoken were born in the Collapse, descended from those who tried to flee its wrath. Something happened to them out on the edge of the deep black, and they were forever changed.” grimoire card on awoken

1 Like

Have you guys read awoken of the reef or marasenna?

My idea of the mirrored versions is a bad way to explain on my part, opposing metaphors is a better way sorry for the confusion.

They were fleeing the wrath, doesn’t that sound like the enemy of the traveler?

Fleeing the wrath of the Collapse. Sorry, but I don’t think the Awoken could have come from anything but humans originally. To add on to that, Orin was originally a Human called Nasya Sarwar and then Nasan Ar as an Awoken, indicating that Humans were transformed into Awoken. Whole fleets of ships fleeing the Collapse were said to have been effected, those people were the original Awoken.

It says descended from those that tried to flee its wrath. The wrath during the collapse could be the traveler pushing back the darkness in my opinion. what if Mara has her “throne world” left over from her time as a hive queen.

That doesn’t make sense, the Collapse nearly wiped out Humanity. And it is possible for non-Hive to have throne worlds, I believe, like the Mind Bender. I feel that if the Awoken were descended from the Hive, we would know something about it, but there isn’t much of a connection. Sorry, but I have to disagree with you about the Awoken for now. :confused:

1 Like

This gives the Genesis of the Awoken:
https://www.ishtar-collective.net/categories/book-marasenna.
It states incontrovertibly that the Awoken were once human.

1 Like

Ah, I see, I thought I had read somewhere that they were for sure once human. Thanks, man.

1 Like