The Dreadnaught: Dread Patrol

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Quest: Dread Patrol, The Vanguard’s Hand
URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjn-rfOdw-U&feature=youtu.be
Recorded: 2020.0.4.03

Transcript:

** The Guardian travels to the Dreadnaught to set up patrol beacons for the Vanguard.

Cayde-6: So Zavala was here for a while ago. Gave this big speech about how proud he is, how well the “Dreadnaught campaign” went and… you know how he gets. Anyway, he gave me a list here — set up locations for patrol beacons. We need them planted and tested if we’re going to get that tub under control. You plant them, you test them. I’ll keep you company.

++ Hull Breach, Dreadnaught, Rings of Saturn

Cayde-6: Right. First on the list is an intel beacon. Helps us get the lay of the land, gives us updates on troop movements, skirmishes and the like. You’ve got the marker, go do your thing.

** The Guardian deploys an intelligence patrol beacon.

Cayde-6: Okay, the beacon signal is coming in loud and clear. Ah, in fact, I’ve already got a ping. Marking a hot zone for you. Go get a look at the fighting, see what you can see.

** The Guardian ascends the breach and scouts a skirmish between the Cabal and the Hive.

Cayde-6: Data’s good. Second marker should have been downloaded to your Ghost. Intel beacons are Ikora’s favorite, by the way. Never met a woman who appreciated ambient temperature and energy readings as much as she does.

++ Mausoleum, Dreadnaught, Rings of Saturn

** The Guardian deploys a race patrol beacon.

Cayde-6: The marker’s up and running. The eggheads love these scoot-and-scan missions. I just like 'em as an excuse to stretch the old legs. I’m feeding you data for a few nearby energy spikes. Get moving!

** The Guardian races to secure the data accumulating charges.

Cayde-6: I was gonna send you off with a pithy joke, but Eris started droning on about the pathways into Darkness or some damn thing. Got distracted. Anyway! One more beacon to go, if you’d be so kind.

++ Hall of Souls, Dreadnaught, Rings of Saturn

** The Guardian deploys a Taken Hunt patrol beacon.

Cayde-6: Beacon is hot. Yeah, that’s a good signal. I’m getting some data on Taken patrols around the ship. We’ve already got a hot spot on the board. Go clear out that blight, Guardian.

++ Trenchway, Dreadnaught, Rings of Saturn

** The Guardian eliminated a group of Taken. Balvog, Shield of Oryx appears. The Guardian defeats the Taken champion, Balvog.

Cayde-6: And that’s a Taken pack all cleaned out. Good work, heh. You know, Zavala gets all cranky is you “have more important things to do” than plant beacons. Not a problem today. Come on back.

++ Hall of Guardians, The Tower, Earth

** The Guardian returns to Cayde-6.

Cayde-6: Patrols are just one of those things we have to do as loyal Vanguard members… yeah. You did me a favor today, Guardian. I won’t forget it.

2 Likes

The Title needs to be adjusted: the mission is just called “Dread Patrol”. Character limit required me to expand it for the submission. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I miss Cayde-6 a lot.