What race is Shaxx?

I was talking to my friend about Shax and we realized that Shax’s race is never mentioned in the lore. Is he human, exo, or awoken

3 Likes

He doesn’t sound like an Exo, like Cayde or Banshee, and his name isn’t really exotic enough to be an Awoken, so he has to be human. Besides, if recent speculation is anything to go by, he turned down a place in the Iron Lords, and they were all human as the Awoken still hadn’t come back to Earth then.

4 Likes

That’s a good question, I would assume Human but we have no DEFINITE proof.

2 Likes

we havent seen him without a helmet and nothing about him suggets race yet.

3 Likes

I wonder if anyone’s ever tried to get the helmet off…

2 Likes

im sure some old frame tried and failed miserably

2 Likes

I believe at least one iron lord was an exo.

We have to remember there were eventually at least a hundred iron lords. One had to be exo.

But i agree, Shaxx seems like he would be human.

I forgot about Felwinter. Thanks!

after looking at just about everything in lore I believe he is a human. fyi shaxx is amazing.

2 Likes

He sure is!(Amazing)
I also believe he’s a human.

I want to do a piece about the origins of the Awoken, as I have a theory about their connection to SIVA which explains the Earth-born Awoken… would like to know what ya’ll think to flesh out my lore theory.

Thanks to the Zavala trailer we know that at least some of them crashed back on Earth.

Lord Felwinter was an Exo I believe.

1 Like

But isn’t one of the Iron Lords exo? Lady Efrideet for example. But yes, I think Shaxx’s name says a lot about his race, it does seem that he would be human.

If you notice the accent that most Awoken characters have, including our Awoken Guardians when we talk, they all seem to have a unique accent that stands out with a hint of British in some cases (Mara, Uldren, Petra), there are a few Awoken that don’t have a British accent (Tyra Karn, Zavalla and Asher Mir). Shaxx does seem to have a hint of a British accent along with a unique voice like Zavalla. I don’t know if this was the intention for all Awoken. But we also know that Shaxx was a warlord during the dark age. So I suppose if you consider WHEN the Awoken returned to Sol after the collapse and if they came back to Earth during the dark age when warlords were a thing, that would give you your answer. I don’t believe there are any Awoken warlord examples in the lore, I may be wrong though. So I’d say with that information, he is likely human.

1 Like

he is probably an Ahamkara I mean we’ve never seen his face nor his actual body

1 Like

There is no way shaxx is an ahamkara

Or Shaxx could be Savathun in disguise, I mean he is getting us to kill each other heartlessly. All part of her plan

1 Like

No…Just no…shaxx has the crucible to train us and our ghosts and have us ready for actual content (that’s the lore explanation anyways)

Thats just Savathun’s excuse… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like