What Should We Qualify As A Weapon Of Sorrow

Yeah, not made by the Hive (coughs in Apollo’s direction) and yes Ember, that is how it works. Hive worm + Proto-Hive= Hive. And I’d say more parasitic (though symbiotic to the Hive cuz masochism and stuff). Also WotW could be because you know Worm god yeeted his essence into it. This could be a sniper of a fallen guardian who got destroyed by Xol and he just went “okay let’s just put my essence in here, just in case…” or something (most of that was speculation with a comedic flair so I suggest you correct me because 90 dollars I am wrong.)

Then again, the actual weapon (WotW) Actually does still represent a normal Human weapon. And it indeed, could have been a weapon once used by Guardians. (I’m looking at you, Black Spindle/Black Hammer.)

Also could you shoot me the civie template from the RP so I can make Umbra? And yeah me too.

Another thing, what about the King’s Fall weapons? Like, they surely have the part of looking corrupted. And the Chitin or bone looking structures are similar to that of Thorn or Necrochasm.

Hmmm… faiiirrrr… perhaps “Armaments of Woe?”

The kings fall weapons are more refrenced towards oryx and his taken then the hive

Yet is Oryx not Hive? Also, I do not see much on the end of “Taken” energies coming from the weapons. So I would have to disagree with you on that end.

Eh, i agree but the weapons don’t really scream hive either they seem more like oryx took the bones and muscles of guardians and put them on weapons

I don’t think they are “Guardian” bones per se. When you look at them, they have the Chitin look/design similar to, say, Necrochasm or Thorn. (The Former, more than the latter.)
The best I’d say, they kinda remind me of the Tyranids from the WH40k franchise in the idea of “Flesh and Bone”.

I agree just not hive design

Hmm, probably a matter of opinion I suppose. Well, this was one fun topic wasn’t it?
I’d say in total, we should qualify Weapons of Sorrow as we know them to originally be.
Guardian Weapons modified by the Hive!

Malfeasance was never a Weapon of Sorrow in the first place. It was made to resemble Thorn, but without the corruption that came as a side effect. Malfeasance is considered to be a counterfeit, and has never been touched by Hive corruption. All of the “Armaments of Woe”, as OP calls them, are on their way to becoming Weapons of Sorrow, they just aren’t there yet. Malfeasance hasn’t even begun down that path.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! And I would have to agree with you, Malfeasance does not appear to be a Weapon of Sorrow, just a really powerful weapon made with questionable methods.

Where does it say that Malfeasance is considered a counterfeit? There isn’t any mention of Malfeasance being a Weapon of Sorrow, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that it isn’t one. We don’t have a clear definition of what exactly constitutes a Weapon of Sorrow, so we can’t rule out that it is one. All we can say currently is that it may or may not be a Weapon of Sorrow.

Then with this in mind. What should we classify as a Weapon of Sorrow?

Just say that any weapon that BUngie says is a weapon of sorrow is one.

1 Like

What @XxDredgenXAKAIxX said. We know that Thorn and Necrochasm have both been described as Weapons of Sorrow. Other weapons such as Malfeasance may or may not be a Weapon of Sorrow unless otherwise confirmed in the future.

It seems like hive magic or rituals are involved in creating a Weapon of Sorrow, although it’s not clear if that’s necessary or if a weapon corrupted by other means could also count as a Weapon of Sorrow. Both Thorn and Necrochasm were created from weapons that originally belonged to guardians, but again it’s not clear if a Weapon of Sorrow has to be made from a guardian’s weapon or if a weapon made from scratch by, say, the Hive would also count as one.

1 Like

With this in mind, what would a weapon torn straight from the Hive be considered? Say you pull a Hive Shredder from an acolyte or something and decide to keep it. Would this be considered a Weapon of Sorrow?

Another point I just thought of is this: What if what constitutes a Weapon of Sorrow, is that it was originally a Guardian’s weapon that was corrupted by Hive magic/rituals and/or Taken magic that has slain Guardians or feasted on Light? I am not sure what the Necrochasm has done in terms of killing, but you do implement the Crux of Crota, which Crota has killed MANY Lightbearers which means he has feasted on their Light. Which could be why.

The Hive-ified and Taken-ified weapons from the raids are weapons that we had on us when doing it that we just modded with Hive and Taken bone and such. Which means they have not killed any Lightbearers/Guardians and thus have not feasted upon the Light. This would mean that the Touch of Malice is a Weapon of Sorrow if we go by this policy according to the Necrochasm’s use of the Crux of Crota, because we have Oryx’s Crux/Soul/whatever it is.

Personally I think this may be the key, I say corrupted because if it was just flat out “has permakilled Lightbearers” then things like the Red Death and Crimson would apply which are obviously not Weapons of Sorrow (but if Bungie says they are then… well that’s weird). What do y’all think?

1 Like

I am going to list the down the (supposed) rules of making a Weapon of Sorrow.

1. Hive finds a human made gun or guardian gun.
  2. Hive does a type of ritual (or maybe not) and grafts hive bone or flesh onto weapon.
  3. The weapon must near completely lose what it once was (It can still be a weapon archetype tho) and must exert some type of Hive Magic.It must lose its previous look.
  4. Now bake the hive weapon… (just a joke)
    Anyway that is what I think the guidelines should be for a Weapon of Sorrow.
1 Like

I believe we should add “Has feasted on (consumed, destroyed, whatever) the Light of a Guardian or Guardians.” Because I am pretty sure all of the confirmed Weapons of Sorrow have feasted on the Light in one way or another.