What Should We Qualify As A Weapon Of Sorrow

Just wanted to alert everyone that ToM is now officially a Weapon of Sorrow with the new release of Season of Opulence

How is this? If you’re talking about Touch of Malice, we didn’t see anything about it in Season of Opulence that I know of.

Also do you think that Tarrabah is a weapon of sorrow? Its Hive themed, and i’m pretty sure its just a regular gun before it has Hive-ified

Here is my reference, “Shadows Vest” the lore tab explains it in the first sentence.

Considering that that entry doesn’t mention the phrase “Weapon of Sorrow” or “Weapons of Sorrow”, I wouldn’t say that ToM has been officially confirmed as a Weapon of Sorrow. We don’t know what exactly the criteria is for a weapon to be a Weapon of Sorrow, so we don’t know if weapons that “deliver payloads full of Hive words” describes Weapons of Sorrow specifically or hive-related weapons in general. Considering that this description refers to “so many weapons in the arsenal of Light”, I’d lean towards the latter, unless there’s a whole bunch of different Weapons of Sorrow which we don’t know about.

1 Like

I disagree. The Thorn was made by a guardian grafting Hive bone/chitin onto his Rose. I agree Malf is not a WoS but not for the same reason you do.

I think we can define WoS from it’s origin and Light comparability (aka how it changes wielders). So under these criteria only true Thorn(not the fake we and Shadows use) appeared from the corruption of the Guardian and Necrochasm(created by Hive to be a humanity weapon representation of Logic and also uses owner’s negative emotions). ToM is just an Oryx(emoboy) heart and his desire to see our path. WoW is just an edgy worm trying to hide where nobody will search. Malfeasance is a bait to the way of Darkness. Other guns are just “oh my God lets make another gun from this pile of bug shit”

1 Like