What would your Dredgen Name be?

Interesting, most of my characters just ping around. Mostly staying on the good side but with a drastically different dark side.

I would love to see it, evil characters are my favorite

What about anti-heros like Deadpool? And I know a good anime where the main character gets pretty evil…

as do I, and anti-heros seem to be the closest thing reality has in terms of “heroes” , dead pool I find funny more than evil, more or less he’s just a guy down on his luck, ether way, I’ve always liked the villains and the heroes of the story, though the terms I listed are quite a bit to linear, to label someone a villain or a hero seems strange considering human nature, we will do many things that are “good” or “evil” these thing dont make us a hero or a villain, just another guy trying to live.

that rant went a bit off topic

really I just prefer the style of most villains to the predictable hero

Personally, a true “hero” is impossible to me without them being a Mary Sue/Gary Stu. A true hero would have no flaws to make them interesting and be so stupidly powerful that there is no point in caring. Think Saitama from OPM but unfunny, boring, and always abhorrently optimistic and happy.

In any case, in my opinion, a good hero is an Anti-Hero (but doesn’t always have to be). Someone with many flaws and not a goody two shoes. Someone who has an interesting, and flavorful backstory with logical motivation for who they are and why they do what they do. Not something like “because it’s the right thing to do!” Or “I just wanna be a good person!” Something like “When I was young I had a older sister, she always tried to do her part in making the world a better place and we were very close. Unfortunately she was badly injured by an evil doer and in her final breaths bayed me to follow in her footsteps. So I did, and vowed to myself to find this villain and destroy him.”

Well, a True Hero is interesting. You see, Heroes were normally based on the Founding Civilization’s ideals or favored traits.
For Romans, they liked Cunning Military strength. Thus, the Heroic Characters in their myths embodied this.
So, for me, a “True” Hero isn’t so much an OP Mary sue. Rather someone who holds friends and the truth close to them. And will, no matter what, give up.
You also have to realize, not all Anti-Heroes have flaws.
Because in all? A True Hero has flaws. So I have to disagree with you saying True Heroes are Mary Sues. Because they can’t be.
Heroes are the embodiment of us, they explore the idea that there is a force of good in the world. And a Force of Good shouldn’t be overly annoying, right?

1 Like

That’s fair but sometimes a “true” hero feels… cliche… you know? I just can’t really relate or connect with someone that does something just because they are a goody two shoes who wants to do good and nothing else.

It is cliche I agree, but true heroes aren’t just Goody Two Shoe people, at least, from what I understand they aren’t because like us, they have problems. And if you read, I stated a “Mary Sue” can’t be a True Hero, as they have the ideal of being annoyingly good or happy. Which, if it’s annoying, then you don’t like it, meaning that they can’t be a true hero because you don’t hold that Ideal of Annoying Happiness to your heart and mind.

My Xbox name is Overlord9, it’s already pretty fourteen-year-old-edgy-phase… I really should change that.

I’d be Dredgen Blue. I’m a voidwalker warlock, full and through, so I’d like to imply the purple-ish colour of that with blue. Could have Dredgen Violet but that’s multiple syllables, and most Dredgens have only one syllable (with the exception of Dredgen Totalus, who went completely overkill on his name).

Fair fair… just… I still think of it like that way though. And @ToaKronos I never noticed that. But yeah I sorta am too but I had a bit of reasoning (I.E. very toxic friendship) but it still stands that I am uneedingly edgy at times.

My Dredgen name would be Dredgen Shade because my character is known as The Shadow because he never gave himself a name when he was risen and so the people started calling him this and it stuck on him which shade is short for shadow so it makes sense

Yeah, makes sense. I can’t help but find myself amused by everyone giving their character lore that can’t be seen in game or doesn’t pertain to the game world. But it’s so cool to see the many different lore bits on everyone’s character! Hm… perhaps a post is in order…

Dredgen Xakai. The “x” has a “z” sound.
Does anyone like it?

Interesting… does it have a deeper meaning??

It’s very interesting. Any real reason you chose it or did you just chose it because it sounds cool?

Sorry I said the same thing twice, didn’t see what Jubi had said :grin:

It’s cool. I understand.

Yes it does, Jubi. Xakai means, to me, the essence of raw power. Been working on why, so I’ll let you know when I have the full answer.

I’m a fairly new Dredgen. I have only become this because I search for power as Oryx once had. I want a bigger meaning than just protecting people who would die anyway and be forgotten within years to come. I agree with many of Oryx’s verses, and want to follow in his footsteps. I want to wield the Darkness as a weapon.

1 Like

Xakai does seem like something that would fit in with names like Oryx, Xivu Arath, or Savathun. Great choice since thats what you’re going for.

1 Like