WTF is up with Rezzing?

maybe the past life is completely gone and the ghost just has a template like they may just need a body and the rest is just basic information

1 Like

If you want to have an army protect you, you aren’t going to want them to question why they’re doing it.

Let’s say you randomly come back to life, with all your memories. You have no clue where your family is, and you want to find them. If you’re off going to try and find your past life, you’re not going to be protecting the Traveler, which is why you were remade.

1 Like

Because there is no information saved from the past. Let’s say the Ghosts resurrect the Souls to every Guardian. When bringing someone fresh from the grave, the Ghost does not have any previous information about this person. The muscle memory would make the Guardians know how to operate weapons, machines, computers and its probably giving them some social skills (Except for our Guardian duh).

Ember isn’t far off with his Data < Video Data post.
Read this about the how people (and probably guardians) are able to speak with memory loss.

I believe the Ghost are taking a back up everytime a Guardian obtain new information. This way everytime a Guardian dies he can be resurrected with his memories and knowledge intact.
This does not mean a Ghost can read minds, so if a Guardian is turning to the Dark side of things the Ghost wouldn’t know before it’s possible to see trough the action of said Guardian. Rezyl Azzir tipping point was probably when he came to the moon fighting the Hive Wizard. Which he did without his Ghost presence.

1 Like

Hmmm… alright, but if they didn’t fire a weapon, or use one, or even see one, how would,they know how to use it? Granted, it probably doesn’t seem likely for that to happen, but there is still the possibility.

1 Like

Also, @Ember-3 I haven’t been able to find anything so (like normal) it seems I am wrong about that one point.

1 Like

Nah it’s fine, tbh we’re all learning stuff here. Which is kinda what this forum is about, to commune with our fellow simulated scientists on the story of this wondrous universe known as “Destiny”

1 Like

That’s a valid point; they wouldn’t know how to handle a weapon if they didn’t in their previous life.
During the Dark Age I would assume most people would learn how to handle weapons and such.

1 Like

Yes but the Ghost also says “you’ve been dead for a long time a real long time.” When we get rezzed which prooobably means we have been dead for one or two centuries, maybe even more. Which means that not every guardian is from the Dark Ages or some sort of era wherein everyone had a gun-like weapon. So… hmm…

1 Like

Just remembered that one of the Coyotes was rezzed JUST AS THEY DIED, like 30 seconds after and she didn’t remember anything from her entire life; the only reason why she knows who she is, because:
Her friends told her what she was like before she got rezzed since they grew up together.
She also kept a diary that told her what her life was like.
One last thing the person i’m talking about is Shinobu

1 Like

According to Therin, Exo Guardians usually remember their names, but that’s it. Awoken and Human Guardians remember nothing, so they just pick new names.

this is from the Exotic lore entry for ‘The Sixth Coyote’ that can add to your post.

1 Like

Oh yeah, so… it is a cover up unless she got her brains blown out, she should have remembered everything.

1 Like

actually i couldn’t find it in the database but she was shot thrice in the chest

1 Like

So… it’s been determined that the Light is straight up deleting you?

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that it is fully decided. I definitely think that the slave army theory is perfectly valid, considering the evidence (although rather cynical). However, it could be as simple as the fact that when the person dies, their memories are lost due to the degeneration of the brain. Then, when the first rez occurs, the Ghost “uploads” the necessary information to the Guardian. These ideas wouldn’t even have to completely contradict, since the Ghost could be uploading ideas and personality that would be benificial for creating a slave army. It would also explain why we remember things after we have been rezzed, since the Ghost would act as a storage device, then upload our memories after we are rezzed. @jamesdrgreen, I don’t think Shinobu was rezzed that soon, more on the order of a few days. This would be enough time for the brain to decay, destroying the memories. However, I might be mistaken. I’m off to check on that, I’ll get back to you.

3 Likes

Sounds good i would like some further confirmation on that.

1 Like

So I couldn’t really find anything. The entries don’t list any sort of times, though based on the language used I would guess it was no more than a week.

1 Like

According to this theory,Guardians could be pulled form an alternate timeline which is what happens when they get rezzed:

Perhaps. Perhaps. But certain members of a cult I shall not directly name have their own specific interpretation of this process. “When you bring him back,” they told me, "you must have a template… an image to provide you with the information you need. Where do you find that template?

“Simply in a neighboring timeline. A place where he is still alive and intact. And wherever there is great danger, wherever the probability of death is too high, then those timelines become scarce and hard to reach. And so you find the zones where Guardians cannot easily be remade.”

Of course this is all a theory from a cult which I believe is the Osiris cult.

2 Likes

… not the Future War Cult?

1 Like

Maybe, I don’t know much about the cults. It was Vex and timeline related so I assumed it’d be Osiris’ cult.

1 Like

Personally I think it’s an issue of symmetry.
When the Darkness is used to Take someone, their Self is enhanced (the Perfect Final Shape) but their Will is lost.
When the Light is used to Rise someone, their Will is enhanced (paracausality, powers over fundamental forces), but their Self is lost.
Hence the complete lack of personal memories. It might not even be a purposeful “let’s make a army of hyper-powerful paladins with a ‘blind knight errant’ disposition” (see the Osiris Grimoire card), but its certainly a (very convenient) effect.

2 Likes