Challenger’s Proving VI (The Chosen Strategy)

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Quest: Challenger’s Proving VI (The Chosen Strategy)
Video URL: Challenger’s Proving VI | The Chosen Strategy | Season of the Chosen
Playlist URL: Chosen, Season of the (Story) from Destiny Lore Vault
Recorded: 2021.03.16

Transcript:

// REFERENCE {item: The Chosen Strategy}

++The H.E.L.M., The Last City

**The Guardian approaches the War Table. Osiris stands there already, while Saladin and Zavala transmat in.

Saladin: After everything the Cabal have done to us. After Ghaul! We are warriors. Why aren’t we at war?

Zavala: This is not an easy decision. You know that.

Osiris: Not easy, but inevitable. Neither side can sustain a real war, but the Cabal are aggressive and proud.

Osiris: If we do not end this, it will escalate beyond our control. The City is at risk.

Saladin: So strike now. Take out their leader. United, we can handle the rest in a matter of weeks.

Zavala: You don’t think that lowers us to the enemy’s level?

Osiris: Whether it does or not, I doubt Caiatl will go down so easily.

Osiris: But perhaps there is wisdom in thinking like the Cabal.

Osiris: Caiatl has rallied support by embracing old traditions.

Osiris: If Zavala challengers her to ceremonial combat, she must accept – or risk losing that support.

Osiris: Humanity’s champion versus the Cabal’s. The winner dictates the future.

Zavala: If we win, there’s no guarantee Caiatl’s followers will honor the result. Even if the empress herself does.

Saladin: And if we lose this gamble? When Caiatl has a knife to your throat, will she thank you for your diplomacy?

Osiris: Every fight is a gamble. The question is… whether you’re willing to bet on our best Guardians.

Zavala: Any day of the week. Make your preparations. I’ll reach out to Caiatl to discuss terms.

Saladin: Commander.

**Saladin’s voice is low and tense, clearly unhappy with the decision. Zavala responds sternly, not allowing for argument.

Zavala: I appreciate your cooperation.

**Zavala transmats out of the room.

**Saladin leans onto the War Table, silent, before pushing off from it and exchanging a brief look with Osiris before he transmats as well.

**Osiris shakes his head, saying nothing.