Quest: A Voice on the Other Side, Presage (Second Visit)

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Quest: A Voice on the Other Side, Presage (Second Expedition)
Video URL: N/A
Playlist URL: Presage | Week 2 — All of Osiris and Caiatl’s Dialogue (Second Expedition) | Season of the Chosen - YouTube
Recorded: 2020.02.23

Transcript:

++ Space, Derelict Vessel

** The Guardian boards the Glykon near an anomaly and ventures along the exterior of the Glykon looking for an access point.

Osiris: Exploratory outing: Presage. Designation: VG-999. I am receiving you.

Caiatl: Not finished picking at Cabal bones?

Osiris: Caiatl? Hah, have you no more officers to send in your place?

Caiatl: You’re trespassing, and I need information on that ship. Withdraw.

Osiris: This is a rescue operation for a wayward Ghost. Interference here would not end well for you.

Caiatl: Rescue? The Cabal are not animals. Send in your Guardian, but Calus belongs to me. As long as I see him dragged from this hole, I don’t care who does it.

Osiris: Then keep your distance and leave us be.

Caiatl: I’ve lived aboard these ships. I know their systems. You need me.

Osiris: We shall see.

** The Guardian traverses through the vents of the Glykon.

Osiris: What will you do with Calus if he is found?

Caiatl: Autocrats only know obsession. His gluttony exposed us. So I’ll feed him all the trimmings of his failure. Until his belly bursts.

** The Guardian damages the spores gaining a temporary Egregore Link. The Guardian bypasses the barrier, passes the dead Cabal tangled in the flora, and breaks open another vent.

Caiatl: How many Cabal died for this?

Osiris: Enough, it would seem, to achieve the emperor’s desired result.

Caiatl: Emperor? This derelict is his empire. Sacrificed to pride; paid for in blood.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The Guardian scans a Cabal monitor
Osiris: Scans of the anomaly they chased, left in Mars’ wake. It’s part of the Darkness, one piece of a larger web. Others align with our missing planets and moons. As well as many points beyond Sol’s borders…

Caiatl: Calus’s scribe identifies a Voice in the Darkness. One of their dead mother, of dead enemies, of Ghaul. They say it spoke to Calus in his own voice. Taught him how to commune. His councilors work to isolate and contact the Entity that speaks.
}

++ The Glykon, Derelict Vessel

** The Guardian drops down a vent into the inner hulls of the Glykon and encounters corrupted Scorn. The Guardian approaches a control panel and activates it: a door opens. The Guardian uses an Egregore Link to bypass a barrier.

Caiatl: Are those Eliksni?

Osiris: At one time. Their Ether was bound with Darkness. Now they’re Scorn: rot-minded and easily swayed to violence.

Caiatl: The perfect vessel, if one could keep them contained.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The Guardians scans a destroyed Scorpius Turret
Caiatl: A Scorpius Turret. Its munitions are spent. The battle report shows skirmishes across the ship, battling several containment breaches. Still, Calus pressed on.
}

** The Guardian crosses the gap, destroys a fuse, and drops into the next passageway.

Caiatl: This infestation, I’ve seen it before… as Xivu Arath slaughtered my people.

Osiris: What was it like? That… inevitability?

Caiatl: Like burning alive, and realizing the flames are just the beginning. Gasps of scorching air. Helpless panic. The smell. Was it any different when Ghaul razed the City? Survivors like us are embers in the dark.

Osiris: Delicate.

Caiatl: Defiant.

** The Guardian descends into the Glykon’s trash compactor. As the walls gradually draw near, the Guardian destroys three fuses and accesses a hidden passageway.

Caiatl: Osiris sends you through a trash compactor. If you were Cabal, I would lift you into the stars.

Osiris: You have never sounded more like your father.

** The Guardian drops down into the area where they first witnessed the Locus of Communion. Locus of Communion appears. As the Guardian clears the area of corrupted Scorn, the Locus of Communion retreats.

Osiris: I thought you killed that.

** The Guardian continues venturing through the Glykon.

Caiatl: The Cabal have suffered too many losses for vanity. Petulance. First Calus. Then Ghaul.

Osiris: But not you?

Caiatl: Don’t insult me. I’ve grown wise from watching monuments topple. No mercy for false gods.

** The Guardian enters the Glykon’s hangar bay and encounters more corrupted Scorn. Darkmind Abominations appear. The Guardian defeats both Darkmind Abominations and the corrupted Scorn.

Caiatl: Half these ships ran routes to the Tangled Shore.

Osiris: Where they harvested the Scorn for their experiments.

Caiatl: This hangar took in ships from all over Sol. The Leviathan could be lurking at any of those coordinates.

** The Guardian crosses the gap into the second part of the hangar bay and ​the hears whispers of familiar voices over the Glykon’s communication system.

// OPTIONAL {
Cayde-6: You’re my favorite. Shh. Don’t tell anyone.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Cayde-6: This… this ain’t on you…
}

// OPTIONAL {
Cayde-6: Bring back some tales, Guardian.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Uldren Sov: [laughs] Funny. The line between Light and Dark is so very thin.
}

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE This line was spoken by Riven using Uldren Sov’s voice
Uldren Sov: Shall we be friends?
}

// OPTIONAL {
Uldren Sov: But paradise is a prison when we cannot leave.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Ghaul: You’re not brave. You’ve merely forgotten the fear of death.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Ghaul: You are weak. Undisciplined. Cowering behind walls.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: I promised you true power. Here, you shall find it.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: Amuse me, Traveler-spawn.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: I have admired you for some time now. [laughs] You never fail to inspire.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: Your people do not appreciate you as I do.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: So, Guardian… Go be you — the stray variable.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: You can’t blame yourself for every missing Guardian, Osiris.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: You say that like this isn’t your fault.
}

** The Guardian investigates the Cabal Harvester.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The Guardian scans Cabal regalia
Osiris: A refuse heap. Darkness, soot, Ether… They were burning the spent Scorn to ash.

Caiatl: Cabal regalia tracks combat data. I can assess this… An Incendiata, deployed to halt the Scorn reanimation. The Incendiata was later embedded with a team sent to detonate the ship’s reactor.

Osiris: They rose on their own? That is a new and concerning development.

Caiatl: Resurrection does not make one invulnerable. Your kind taught us that. These orders did not come from Calus.

** The Guardian accesses a vent and drops down into the Glykon’s laboratory.

Caiatl: Your missing Guardian was working with my father.

Osiris: So it would appear.

Caiatl: If his Ghost were recovered, would its memories be… accessible?

Osiris: That remains to be seen.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The Guardian scans a dead Scorn Chieftain
Caiatl: Calus’s surgeons experimented on the Scorn. Cranial dissections. Dark Ether drownings to engorge them.

Osiris: Psions carved telepathic imprints into their brains. Linked them together in shared consciousness. Their collective mind was then opened through an artifact. A crown… of possession.

Caiatl: All to exploit their connection to the Darkness. Had Calus seen Torobatl fall, as I did, would he have learned then?
}

** The Guardian uses an Egregore Link to pass through another barrier, temporarily disables an electrical barrier, and activates the control panels.

Caiatl: No. You burned away. I saw it.

Osiris: What do you hear, Empress?

Caiatl: Mistakes, thrown on the pyre of my past. You… heard something different?

Osiris: The ignorance of my youth; the pain of change. Unproven faith wilted by logic.

** The Guardian uses more Egregore Links to access the Glykon’s irrigation system.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The Guardian scans the Unknown Guardian’s Ghost.
Osiris: A Ghost was injured here. The remnants of its Light pooled around a Dark center. A memory, preserved in physical form.

Unknown Guardian: You said you wouldn’t… you promised. Everything you say is a lie! [gunshot]
}

** The Guardian uses more Egregore Links to passthrough the Glykon’s irrigation system and hears whispers of familiar voices over the Glykon’s communication system.

// OPTIONAL {
Cayde-6: You’re my favorite. Shh. Don’t tell anyone.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Cayde-6: This… this ain’t on you…
}

// OPTIONAL {
Cayde-6: Bring back some tales, Guardian.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Uldren Sov: [laughs] Funny. The line between Light and Dark is so very thin.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Uldren Sov: Shall we be friends?
}

// OPTIONAL {
Uldren Sov: But paradise is a prison when we cannot leave.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Ghaul: You’re not brave. You’ve merely forgotten the fear of death.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Ghaul: You are weak. Undisciplined. Cowering behind walls.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: I promised you true power. Here, you shall find it.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: Amuse me, Traveler-spawn.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: I have admired you for some time now. [laughs] You never fail to inspire.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: Your people do not appreciate you as I do.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: So, Guardian… Go be you — the stray variable.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: You can’t blame yourself for every missing Guardian, Osiris.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: You say that like this isn’t your fault.
}

** The Guardian passes through one final barrier using an Egregore Link and jumps down a shaft. Locus of Communion appears.

** The Guardian forces the Locus of Communion to retreat below the deck into a burning room. The Guardian activates three Coolant Flush protocols, proceeds below the deck, and battles the Locus of Communion and the Scorn repetitively. The Guardian defeats the Locus of Communion.

Osiris: I believe I’ve found a record of first contact with this… Voice. It says: “I Amsot, scribe of Glykon, rejoice. The Scorn are one, rejoice. They bear the weight of the crown elegantly, rejoice. They whisper anticipations, rejoice. Our emperor hears the Voice of salvation. Rejoice!”

Caiatl: Sycophants — all of them. Enabling his madness.

** The Guardian proceeds through a vent and drops down into the bridge.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The Guardian scans a chalice
Osiris: A chalice of opulence. The inscription reads: “To my captain, cast your shadow in the face of Darkness, that you might drink of its beauty and grow fat.”

Caiatl: Your Guardian was a traitor, then. Seduced by Calus’s posturing. Like so many powerful fools who think themselves invincible.
}

** The Guardian approaches the floating Unknown Guardian entangled in the flora.

Caiatl: What is that thing?

Osiris: Our lost Guardian.

Caiatl: Can your Ghosts undo that?

Osiris: Not so far as I’m aware.

Caiatl: Then why are you searching for it?

Osiris: Answers. Same as you, Empress.

Caiatl: If there is nothing else, I must analyze the Glykon’s archives. My cruiser will monitor the situation here.

Osiris: A path to the Ghost still eludes us. Until we return, then.

1 Like