Quest: A Voice on the Other Side, Presage (Third Visit)

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Quest: A Voice on the Other Side, Presage (Third Expedition)
Video URL: N/A
Playlist URL: Presage | Week 3 — All of Osiris and Caiatl’s Dialogue (Third Expedition) | Season of the Chosen - YouTube
Recorded: 2020.03.02

Transcript:

++ Space, Derelict Vessel

** The Guardian boards the Glykon near an anomaly and ventures along the exterior of the Glykon looking for an access point.

Osiris: I’m receiving you, Guardian. The Vanguard saw value in our investigation. We are tasked with the recovery of any information or relics pertaining to the Darkness.

Caiatl: Welcome back to the Glykon, Guardians.

Osiris: I expected you to be gone after the armistice.

Caiatl: This ship is Cabal. I have a duty to its crew while Calus remains free.

Osiris: What have you found in our absence?

Caiatl: Hidden records in Glykon’s mainframe… from your lost Guardian. They’re decrypting as we speak.

** The Guardian traverses the vents of the Glykon.

Caiatl: Transmitting the first message.

Unknown Guardian: He’s been drinking more and more of that royal slop. I see him pawing at the air for hours, laughing, eyes glazed over. There’s another alignment tomorrow. Maybe I can slip the hangar and get lost before anyone notices. I know a few Guardians who might want to hear what I’ve seen.

** The Guardian damages the spores gaining a temporary Egregore Link. The Guardian bypasses the barrier, passes the dead Cabal tangled in the flora, and breaks open another vent.

Osiris: Did your data mining yield anything about a crown?

Caiatl: Amsot detailed an ornate procession that brought a Hive crown from Leviathan to Glykon. It allowed the Darkness to invade the Scorn’s thoughts.

Osiris: Not the Darkness, the Entity.

Caiatl: The two are entwined. Does the difference matter?

Osiris: That there is difference makes our understanding of the Darkness a façade.

++ The Glykon, Derelict Vessel

** The Guardian drops down a vent into the inner hulls of the Glykon and encounters corrupted Scorn. The Guardian approaches a control panel and activates it: a door opens.

Osiris: What do you presume they are? The crown? The Entity?

Caiatl: Idols. Sustained by fixation until there is nothing left to reap.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The Guardians scans one of Calus’s Frames
Osiris: Our lost Guardian must have sent this frame to broadcast their distress signal.

Caiatl: This interface is of Human design.

Osiris: It recounts a descent into the anomaly… Gravitational oscillations broke and reformed the Glykon many times over. It is as if is every permutation of the ship’s existence collided in one space.
}

** The Guardian traverses the hull and accesses the trash compactor. The Guardian escapes the trash compactor through a hidden passageway and drops down into the area where they first encountered the Locus of Communion.

** Locus of Communion appears, summons corrupted Scorn, and retreats. The Guardian clears the area of corrupted Scorn.

** The Guardian enters the Glykon’s hangar bay and encounters more corrupted Scorn. Darkmind Abominations appear. The Guardian defeats both Darkmind Abominations and the corrupted Scorn.

Osiris: Caiatl, it seems Calus has fled. Amsot states, “Emperor Calus has left us. His Shadow broods. The Legionaries spread rumors, saying, ‘He merged with Darkness. He is dead. He fights to save us.’” Words dipped in false confidence. The emperor is gone. None know where. May we abide his return.

Caiatl: No. It is a trick. He is hiding, here or elsewhere. He did not simply vanish.

** The Guardian traverses the exterior of the hangar bay.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The Guardian scans one of the Glykon’s arrays
Caiatl: This array contains research logs: The Entity’s Voice emanates from the grave of Mars. The Scorn babble to the void and attentively await response. Our emperor’s vision is at hand. Tomorrow, we pierce the anomaly’s veil. We are ready. We have communed and are adrift between worlds. It controls the lower decks. Dragging the flame. Dead whispers in the walls. There is no way back…
}

** The Guardian crosses the gap into the second part of the hangar bay and hears whispers of familiar voices over the Glykon’s communication system.

// OPTIONAL {
Cayde-6: You’re my favorite. Shh. Don’t tell anyone.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Cayde-6: This… this ain’t on you…
}

// OPTIONAL {
Cayde-6: Bring back some tales, Guardian.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Uldren Sov: [laughs] Funny. The line between Light and Dark is so very thin.
}

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE This line was spoken by Riven using Uldren Sov’s voice
Uldren Sov: Shall we be friends?
}

// OPTIONAL {
Uldren Sov: But paradise is a prison when we cannot leave.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Ghaul: You’re not brave. You’ve merely forgotten the fear of death.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Ghaul: You are weak. Undisciplined. Cowering behind walls.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: I promised you true power. Here, you shall find it.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: Amuse me, Traveler-spawn.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: I have admired you for some time now. [laughs] You never fail to inspire.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: Your people do not appreciate you as I do.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: So, Guardian… Go be you — the stray variable.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: You can’t blame yourself for every missing Guardian, Osiris.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: You say that like this isn’t your fault.
}

** The Guardian investigates the second part of the hangar bay.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The Guardian scans a Cabal datapad
Osiris: Scribe Amsot states, “The emperor shows us we chase a mirage. The Darkness is nothing but a great basin of formless thoughts. A vast tangle of composting chaos.” Calus seeks the Entity who speaks through the Darkness.

Caiatl: The Darkness is a primal force? Wielded — like the Light? How simple.

Osiris: Able to be brandished against Xivu Arath?

Caiatl: And fall into the burrow of an ambush predator? Like Umun. Like Eramis. I think not. But tools can be broken. Forces can be stopped, and those who wield them can be disarmed.
}

** The Guardian follows a vent into the Glykon’s laboratory and uses Egregore Links to bypass multiple barriers as they venture through the area into the Glykon’s irrigation system.

Caiatl: Another decrypted entry.

Unknown Guardian: We hit Acheron’s wall and sank. Straight down to the deep. Gly’s in a bad way after the dive: all twisted. I’m all twisted. Whole crew rattling around in my skull, like they’re thinking for me. Scorn. What they used to be. What they are now. Dive must have opened the cells. Someone’s gotta clip their horns, especially the big one, or… or we’re dead.

** The Guardian uses more Egregore Links to pass through the Glykon’s irrigation system and hears whispers of familiar voices over the Glykon’s communication system.

// OPTIONAL {
Cayde-6: You’re my favorite. Shh. Don’t tell anyone.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Cayde-6: This… this ain’t on you…
}

// OPTIONAL {
Cayde-6: Bring back some tales, Guardian.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Uldren Sov: [laughs] Funny. The line between Light and Dark is so very thin.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Uldren Sov: Shall we be friends?
}

// OPTIONAL {
Uldren Sov: But paradise is a prison when we cannot leave.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Ghaul: You’re not brave. You’ve merely forgotten the fear of death.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Ghaul: You are weak. Undisciplined. Cowering behind walls.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: I promised you true power. Here, you shall find it.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: Amuse me, Traveler-spawn.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: I have admired you for some time now. [laughs] You never fail to inspire.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: Your people do not appreciate you as I do.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: So, Guardian… Go be you — the stray variable.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: You can’t blame yourself for every missing Guardian, Osiris.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: You say that like this isn’t your fault.
}

** The Guardian passes through one final barrier using an Egregore Link.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The Guardian scans Imperial Cabal gear
Caiatl: So… this is where they died. Their sacrifice is noted. Their names will be honored.

Osiris: Why were they sent?

Caiatl: Accessing the Glykon’s mainframe required a direct connection.
}

** The Guardian jumps down a shaft. Locus of Communion appears.

** The Guardian forces the Locus of Communion to retreat below the deck into a burning room. The Guardian activates three Coolant Flush protocols, proceeds below the deck, and battles the Locus of Communion and the Scorn repetitively. The Guardian defeats the Locus of Communion.

** The Guardian passes through a vent and reaches the bridge once again witnessing the Unknown Guardian.

Caiatl: Another entry transmitting:

Unknown Guardian: I didn’t think it was true. All that talk about the Darkness — but it saw him. Something in there stared right back into Calus’s hungry eyes. Then Uldren’s rotted tykes started shrieking and, and I knew… I knew I shouldn’t have come here.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The Guardian discovers the final hidden cache
Caiatl: What monstrosity is this?

Osiris: The Crown of Sorrow. A Hive artifact of devilish craftsmanship, meant to subvert the wearer’s will. I suspected it was the crown in question.

Caiatl: More Hive witchcraft. It should be destroyed.

Osiris: It has been altered from its original design. Opened. Instead of controlling minds, it… it’s meant to merge them. It… is listening. We cannot leave the crown free.

Caiatl: You think you can contain it? So did Calus. How long before your audacity damns the City, advisor?

Osiris: Your warning is noted, Empress, but this is Vanguard space. Will you ensure the crown is undisturbed while I make preparations for its recovery?

Caiatl: The Cabal are not at your disposal. Do so at your own peril.
}

Small typo but these are mistakes. You wrote Gly, I think its Gil? Or do you mean the ship?

Changed “He” to “We” but everything else should be correct. Check the source, it’s Gly and not Gil. “Gly” is Katabasis’s shorthand for Glykon: the “all twisted” refers to how the passageways and rooms within the ship don’t match it’s original design. or make any sense. Osiris talks about this as well and Gilgamesh’s other nicknames are Gil and Gilly, so Gly doesn’t fit for his Ghost.