Quest: A Voice on the Other Side, Presage

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Quest: A Voice on the Other Side, Presage
Video URL: N/A
Playlist URL: The Voice on the Other Side | Investigate the Distress Signal | Season of the Chosen - YouTube
Recorded: 2020.02.16

Transcript:

++ Space, Derelict Vessel

** The Guardian boards the Glykon near an anomaly.

Osiris: Several months ago, a Cabal vessel bearing the name “Glykon” disappeared near the Reef. This ship matches its description and heading. So far, our hails have gone unanswered, and the distress signal continues to loop. You’re clear for live-fire engagements. Board it, and find our missing Guardian.

** The Guardian approaches the main entrance and finds a dysfunctional control panel. The Guardian ventures along the exterior of the Glykon and finds an opening.

Osiris: There’s a distortion in the feed — no, frequencies… like ripples meeting in conversation. Executing trace. Stand by.

** The Guardian passes through the vents and observes the flora. The Guardian exits the vents and activates a control panel unlocking the entrance’s gate. The Guardian proceeds into the next room and is burned by an aura blocking the way forward.

Osiris: Those spores are harmonizing with a nearby concentration of Darkness.

** The Guardian damages the spores gaining a temporary Egregore Link and enters the room.

Osiris: There is no Light here.

** The Guardian bears witness to dead Cabal caught in the flora. The Guardian enters another vent exiting the room.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The Guardian scans the dead Cabal
Osiris: Sarcophilous growths, with cores of Darkness. The material is organic. It reminds me of a certain flora kept by our silver-tongued Drifter. Curious. The Cabal here, their minds hang suspended in the death throes of cognition; falling into a singularity.
}

Osiris: The Glykon navigation system marks their destination as an anomaly… left in the wake of Mars’s disappearance.

++ The Glykon, Derelict Vessel

** The Guardian drops down a vent into the inner hulls of the Glykon and encounters corrupted Scorn.

// WIP {
// NOTE The Guardian scans the remains of Werner 99-40
Osiris: …
}

** The Guardian approaches a control panel and activates it: a door opens.

Osiris: Guardian. You’re not the only life sign aboard. I see at least one other. It may be our missing friend… it may not.

** The Guardian finds the open door and gains an Egregore Link to pass through the next aura. The Guardian defeats more corrupted Scorn.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE Before going through the aura, the Guardian scans Scorn Armor
Osiris: Scorn. They did not come from Calus’s Menagerie. The Dark Ether in this device has been tampered with: its connection to the Darkness galvanized, rooted. Calus always did embody a clever sort of madness.
}

// WIP {
// NOTE The Guardian scans a destroyed Scorpius turret
}

** The Guardian crosses over and destroys a fuse revealing a passageway. The Guardian defeats corrupted Scorn.

Osiris: I found a journal of Calus’s scribe, Amsot. Translation as follows: “Today, Calus graced the Glykon with his presence and gazed upon the anomaly. His councilors prepare the exhibition chamber with gold from the Castellum. They are confident the crown is ready. The end will lay eyes upon him, and weep at his magnificence.”

** The Guardian activates two control panels and destroys the final fuse unlocking the way forward. The Guardian enters the Glykon’s trash compactor and activates a control panel. As the walls gradually close in on the Guardian, the Guardian defeats corrupted Scorn and destroys three fuses unlocking a hidden door. The Guardian escapes the room.

Osiris: This ship’s passageways no longer connect as they should.

** The Guardian exits the passageway and drops down into another area. Locus of Communion appears.

Osiris: Movement — in the dark!

** The Locus of Communion summons corrupted Scorn and leaves. The Guardian clears the room of all corrupted Scorn.

Osiris: They relent. We must not. Forward.

** The Guardian progresses into a dark room.

Osiris: Guardian, I’ve pieced together another of Amsot’s records. It reads, “A tragedy of silence. He tore the wilting failures apart himself. The connection is strong, but the Darkness does not speak through them. An ocean without wind. Even the Lightbearer could not coax it to awaken.”

** The Guardian enters the Glykon’s hangar bay. Waves of corrupted Scorn appear. Darkmind Abominations appear. The Guardian survives the onslaught of Scorn.

Osiris: The Hangar systems are intact… why didn’t they try to run?

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The Guardian scans the Emperor’s Chosen ship
Osiris: Jump logs indicate this ship made berth from the Leviathan. Its pilot has an officer’s clearance; our Guardian appears to have a long and storied history with the emperor.
}

++ REFERENCE {item: The Emperor’s Chosen}

** The Guardian continues exploring the Glykon. The Darkness speaks to the Guardian through the Locus of Communion over the Glykon’s comm systems.

// OPTIONAL {
Cayde-6: You’re my favorite. Shh. Don’t tell anyone.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Ghaul: You’re not brave. You’ve merely forgotten the fear of death.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: So, Guardian… Go be you — the stray variable.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: You can’t blame yourself for every missing Guardian, Osiris.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Cayde-6: This… this ain’t on you…
}

// OPTIONAL {
Uldren Sov: [laughs] Funny. The line between Light and Dark is so very thin.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: I have admired you for some time now. [laughs] You never fail to inspire.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: I promised you true power. Here, you shall find it.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Calus: Amuse me, Traveler-spawn.
}

** The Guardian explores the rest of the hangar and Harvester.

// WIP {
// NOTE The Guardians scans a Cabal jetpack beneath the Harvester
}

// WIP {
// NOTE The Guardian scans a Cabal monitor
}

** The Guardian climbs into another vent and falls down a shaft into the Glykon’s laboratory.

// WIP {
// NOTE The Guardian scans a dead Scorn corpse.
}

** The Guardian activates a panel, recieves an Egregore Link, and passes through an aura. The Guardian defeats corrupted Scorn. The Guardian activates a control panel and destroys a fuse temporarily disabling the electrical barrier. The Guardian passes through the barrier and activates another control panel unlocking a door.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The Guardian scans Ether Tanks
Osiris: Wine? No… concentrated Dark Ether. These are similar to Gahlran’s chamber in the royal baths, but without life support systems. Micro etchings along the interior walls… scratches.
}

** The Guardian passes through the next rooms using Egregore Links and defeats more corrupted Scorn.

Osiris: Amsot kept notes on experiments as well. It seems that Scorn exposed to the anomaly all suffered contiguous neuron death. It consumed their minds. All but one, who “spoke with many dead voices.” This survivor would become the centerpiece of their studies.

** The Guardian damages the spores and recieves an Egregore Link and passes through the aura into the Glykon’s irrigation system. The Guardian defeats the corrupted Scorn, activates a control panel, destroys a Scorpius turret, and destroys a fuse.

// WIP {
// NOTE The Guardian scans Katabasis’ Dead Ghost
}

** The Guardian receives 2 Egregore Links and passes through an aura. The Darkness speaks to the Guardian through the Locus of Communion over the Glykon’s comm systems.

// WIP {
// NOTE The Guardian scans Caiatl’s gear and supplies
}

** The Guardian damages a spore, receives a Egregore Link, and passes through the final aura. The Guardian falls down a shaft. Locus of Communion appears.

Osiris: Put this decrepit creature to rest.

** The Guardian forces the Locus of Communion to retreat below the deck into a burning room. The Guardian activates three panels initiating all three Coolant Flush protocols and proceeds below the deck. The Guardian defeats the Locus of Communion.

Osiris: Guardian. This anomaly left in Mars’s wake… I have seen it and others like it. Too many Scorn for an active Guardian. In place of each world the Darkness stole. At the edge of our heliopause. Calus meant to commune with the Darkness.

** The Guardian exits the room through a vent.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The Guardian scans hologram of Calus’s head
Osiris: This is an address from Calus to his crew. “I chose Gahlran, and his frailty betrayed us. He was too pure, too alone. Our new guests are neither. A glorious chain of Dark minds. An open mouth for the One in the Darkness, that it may sing in exaltation of my majesty. Greatness recognizes greatness. To invoke the attention of the End, our offer must be great.”
}

** The Guardian reaches the bridge and uncovers the truth of Katabasis.

Osiris: Faint traces of Light. That thing… was a Guardian. We’re too late — far too late. Take the rifle. It was offered, was it not? Better in your hands than left for another. I’ll speak to Zavala about authorizing exploratory outings. If we can recover our lost friend’s Ghost, we may learn more of how he died. Return to the City. We must assess our findings.

** The Guardian steals Katabasis’ rifle.

// REFERENCE {entry: Dead Man’s Tale}

// WIP {
// NOTE The Guardian scans a Golden Chalice
}

1 Like

This is a work in-progress. Some scannable are unavailable currently and there’s still a decent amount of alternative dialogue from the whispers/hallucinations we hear. Also, it’s confirmed that all of that alternative dialogue is not specific to either the Hangar or the room before the Boss Encounter. LMK what you think: I know I put a lot of repetitive objective scripts in there…

1 Like