Quest: Legends Lost - Not Even the Darkness

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Legends Lost - Not Even the Darkness
URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdyCEt8HhjE
Recorded: 2017.12.18

Transcript:

++ The Lighthouse, Fields of Glass, Mercury

Ghost: Yes! I have a reading on Saint-14’s location. Hold on, we’re coming for you.
Brother Vance: Bring him back to us, Guardian. Saint-14 is a primary source of the early Osiris years. He will be able to settle some… let’s call them "differences of opinion in which one side is wrong."
Ghost: We’ll get right on that, Vance…

++ Infinite Forest, Fields of Glass

Ghost: If Saint-14 has been lost all this time, do you think he’s OK?
Sagira: Nothing could stop that old Exo. Probably lecturing a Vex? Titan lectures – long speeches, occasional punching.
Ghost: Should be fine.

++ Simulant Future

Ghost: This place looks inviting.
Sagira: Oh. Yeah. You missed our first trip here. Vex are quite the decorators, aren’t they?

** The Guardian reaches the outside of a Vex building.

Ghost: There! The signal is coming from beyond that gate.

** The Guardian sends the Ghost to scan a conflux. Before being able to scan it, the conflux disappears.

Ghost: And it moved. Definitely a temporal disruption.

** The Guardian closes in on the conflux, but it disappears before being able to interact with it.

Osiris: If Saint-14 was threatened, he would attack. And he would not have known how easy it is to be cast adrift in these… realities.
Ghost: Then we’ll find him and bring him home.

// NOTE Several confluxes appear in front of the gate. By that gate, a Vex Minotaur appears.

Ghost: A Minotaur. Are they trying to keep us out, or him in?
Sagira: Both? Take out the Mind, take down the gate. It’s true in pretty much every reality.

** The Guardian defeats Hagios, Reverent Mind.

Ghost: Got him.

** The Guardian sends the Ghost to finally scan the conflux. The gate opens and the Guardian walks in.

Ghost: What happened…? Vex. Thousands of them.

** The Guardian gets close to Saint-14’s hovering body.

Ghost: Saint-14’s Light… it’s gone.
Osiris: Rest in peace, my friend.
Sagira: Osiris… I’m so sorry.
Ghost: I… I think we should leave him here. It looks like the Infinite Forest laid him to rest. Built him a… memorial. Did the Vex learn to respect him?

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE If the Guardian doesn’t immediately interacts with Saint-14’s body.
Ghost: Saint-14 must have been here for years. Decades. He ran out of ammo, and just… kept fighting.
}

** The Guardian interacts with Saint-14’s body.

Ghost: I don’t think I ever told you this, but Saint-14 was one of the first Guardians I ever met, even before I found you. I always hoped you’d turn out like him. I wasn’t disappointed. You were a good friend, Saint. Goodbye.

** The Guardian makes his way back to Brother Vance.

Brother Vance: That encryption pattern… let me examine it! Yes… yes! This relic you found – it once belonged to Saint-14! It has power. But not power enough to save the mighty Titan. Lost to the Vex. Alone in the Infinite Forest. We really do need each other. Guardian and Ghost. The Followers and Osiris. In any case. It is not our charge to keep relics such as these. It is yours now. Use this as he would have.

Help us transcribe Curse of Osiris (and Destiny 2)!
Help us transcribe Warmind!

Hearing about this made me so happy. Something from the grimoire making it into the game like this is something Bungie should do more.