Help us transcribe Warmind!

Hello! This is a follow-up to our previous posts, Help us transcribe Destiny 2! and Help us transcribe Curse of Osiris (and Destiny 2)!.

If you’d like to help us transcribe here’s what you need to do:

1. Pick an activity from the list below. Edit this post to replace [assignee] with your @name.
  2. Record a video of that activity.
  3. Edit the video to remove any irrelevant parts.
  4. Upload your video somewhere (it doesn’t have to be youtube, but we might upload it to the Ishtar Collective youtube channel if we can’t embed it).
  5. Transcribe the audio following our Transcript Guide.
  6. Post your video and transcript in a new topic, and edit this topic to replace [link] with a link to your topic.
  7. Receive the love and adoration of all of us at the Ishtar Collective! :heart: :heart_eyes: :heart:

Thank you @unisys12 for compiling these lists!

Ghost Scans

There are hundreds of Ghost Scans and we can’t easily compile a list of them like we can with missions and strikes, so if you would like to help us with Ghost Scans, follow the above guide but submit your new post to the Ghost Scan Transcripts category and update one of the following tracker posts.

Missions

Release Activity Assigned Link Processed
D2 (Example) Exclusion Zone @ZeeFour Exclusion Zone Transcript :white_check_mark:
D2 Combustion @Volts42 Combustion Transcript
W Will of the Thousands @Volts42 [link]

Strikes

With all of their varying dialogue, the Transcripts for Strikes tend to be a collaborative effort. Follow one of the links below to help!

Release Activity Link Editor Ready for Processing Processed
D2 The Arms Dealer The Arms Dealer Strike [assignee]
D2 Exodus Down Exodus Crash Strike [assignee]
D2 The Inverted Spire The Inverted Spire Strike [assignee]
D2 Lake of Shadows Lake of Shadows Strike [assignee]
D2 The Pyramidion The Pyramidion Strike [assignee]
D2 Savathun’s Song Savathuns Song Strike [assignee]
CoO A Garden World A Garden World Strike [assignee]
CoO Tree of Probabilities Tree of Probabilities Strike [assignee]
W Strange Terrain Strange Terrain Strike [assignee]
W Will of the Thousands Will of the Thousands Strike [assignee]
W The Insight Terminus The Insight Terminus Strike [assignee]

Quests

D2 Patrols - Return to Cayde-6 @pirate_dani Patrols Quest- Return to Cayde-6
D2 Patrols - The Importance of Networking @pirate_dani Patrols Quest- The Importance of Networking
CoO Legends Lost - Signal Light @Sekuiya Quest: Legends Lost - Signal Light
CoO Legends Lost - Not Even The Darkness @Sekuiya Quest: Legends Lost - Not Even the Darkness
W Data Recovery - Legacy Code @Volts42 Data Recovery Quest - Legacy Code
W Data Recovery - A Piece of the Past @Volts42 Data Recovery Quest - Piece of the Past

Adventures

CoO The Runner @Volts42 Adventure: The Runner
CoO Bug in the System @Volts42 Adventure - Bug in the System
3 Likes

Thanks Baxter! Can’t wait to get started!

1 Like

First adventure done and dusted. Feels good to be contributing again. Onwards to the next one.

2 Likes

I added the Quest Data Recovery. And I submitted the Chosen transcript, thought I did it a long time ago.

2 Likes

I always wondered, what is the “Tower” mission?

Hmm… I don’t know! @unisys12 do you have any ideas?

Isn’t there a mission where you have to go to the Tower and speak with Zavala? I thought there was. That would be my guess.

1 Like

@baxter I’ll take Will of the Thousands Transcript if nobody else has since claimed.

1 Like

oh wait, taken. May I claim Legacy Code?

2 Likes

Sure, you can take Legacy Code. I’ll add your name to the list for it. Thanks for offering to help!

If you want to take the second part of the quest too, A Piece of the Past, let me know and I’ll add your name to it.

1 Like

Can I do any of them? Or are they only for Contributors?

2 Likes

Thanks for offering to help! Anyone can help with transcripts. The only unassigned missions at the moment are the ones for the Warmind quest, Legacy Code and A Piece of the Past. Would you like to do the transcripts for those? Otherwise we also still need help getting clips of the strike dialogue variations. The links to the all the strike transcripts are in the list if you’d like to have a look and see what’s been done so far. Any help with transcripts would be much appreciated!

1 Like

I’ll see about the two unassigned missions. I’ll definitely try to get some of the Strike dialogue variations. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for offering to help! Much more difficult to get all these transcripts done without the help of volunteers such as yourself. If you’d like to do the Warmind quest missions let me know and I’ll put your name down on the list. Also if you need any help with doing transcripts for the strikes feel free to ask :smiley:

I tried to record the Warmind Quest dialogue yesterday on my second character, but I think I have run into a problem. If I have to edit out the unnecessary parts (anything not dialogue), I need to have editing software, which I don’t have.
Also, it didn’t help that some players activated Escalation Protocol while I was trying to record.

We do require videos for transcripts to only have the parts with the dialogue, not the fighting etc. Would you like me to ask the other transcribers what editing software they use? That’s annoying that there was an escalation protocol going on when you were trying to record :sweat:

That would be good, thank you.

No problem! I’ll let you know what program(s) they use.

I’ve been told that Premiere Pro is a good editing software to use. It has easy pre-rendering and Youtube optimisation settings. It does require a paid subscription (unless you can find a pirated version of it) but there is a free trial if you want to try it out.