To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Quest: Of Queens and Worms, Birthplace of the Vile
Video URL: Of Queens and Worms | Birthplace of the Vile | Witch Queen - YouTube
Playlist URL: N/A
Recorded: 2022.02.24

Transcript:

// REFERENCE {item: of-queens-and-worms-2 | Of Queens and Worms}

++ Miasma, Savathûn’s Throne World

** The Guardian traveled to Savathûn’s throne world to locate the Dark City.

Ghost: All right, Mara, where are we headed?

Queen Mara Sov: To a city shrouded in Darkness, through the nearby caverns. There, you’ll find the means to breathe life into the parasite once again.

Ghost: Understood. We’ll contact you when we reach it.

++ Witch’s Echo, Savathûn’s Throne World

** The Guardian defeats Lillix, Lightscourge, and approaches a doorway.

Ghost: Mara, we’ve found a door. It’s like the inside of a Pyramid.

Queen Mara Sov: A gateway to the dark city, built by that which commands the nearby Pyramid.

Ghost: The Witness.

Queen Mara Sov: Not the Witness itself, but a disciple.

Ghost: So what is this place exactly?

Queen Mara Sov: A factory, you might call it. Built for the growth and facilitation of those like the very parasite you now hold. Go, see for yourself.

Ghost: Not to be rude, but how do you know that?

Queen Mara Sov: One does not engage with the all-powerful without first gathering the most valuable tool in war: knowledge.

** The Guardian clears the area of Scorn and removes the doorway’s barrier.

Ghost: If Hive worms were grown here, then we’re looking for what, some sort of machine?

Queen Mara Sov: It’s twofold. A source of immense Hive magic — a Cryptoglyph — to provide life to the parasite, and a Darkness incubator to infuse them. Shortly after gaining her new power, Savathûn returned to her throne world. Filled it with Light. Stamped out whatever poisons the Witness’s disciple had spread throughout — including within that factory. And yet, I believe Savathûn far too cunning than to completely eradicate the potential power of that place.

Ghost: Then we’ll start with the Cryptoglyphs. Must be around her somewhere.

** The Guardian enters and traverses the Dark City.

Ghost: An entire city of Darkness, right in the middle of Savathûn’s home. And she did nothing to stop it?

Queen Mara Sov: Why would she? At the time, it benefitted her. Endless worms for an endless army.

** The Guardian enters a structure and clears the area of Scorn. The Guardian and Ghost discover Darkness energy nearby.

Ghost: There’s nothing in here. Just some sort of leftover Darkness energy.

Queen Mara Sov: Resonance. Of what used to rest there — a Cryptoglyph.

Ghost: And yet… the Scorn gave their lives to defend it.

Queen Mara Sov: Likely to obscure your path and trap you — dispel it and see what happens.

** The Guardian clears the corruption.

Ghost: You were right, Mara. The Scorn seem to be messing with us. That opened a portal.

Queen Mara Sov: Seek further corruption throughout the space, and you will undoubtedly find our Cryptoglyph.

** The Guardian enters the portal and combats the Scorn while locating the Cryptoglyph.

Ghost: That’s our Cryptoglyph!

** Scorn appear nearby the Cryptoglyph. The Guardian defeats the Scorn, clears the corruption, and recovers the Cryptoglyph.

Ghost: It’s ours, Mara.

Queen Mara Sov: Good. The Scorn will know what you’re after now. Do not delay in locating the incubator.

** The Guardian enters another portal and searches for the incubator chamber. The Guardian defeats a Scorn Portal Warden and enters another portal.

++ Harvest, Savathûn’s Throne World

Ghost: I feel like if I don’t ask, you’ll never tell. But all this — Savathûn and the Witness, disciples, and now this place —

Queen Mara Sov: You wonder how I came across this information.

Ghost: That, and… why you didn’t tell us sooner.

Queen Mara Sov: While you pursued Savathûn, the parasite and I traveled far and wide, pursuing… related interests. Much of this knowledge is still new, even to me.

** The Guardian defeats Cadori, Lightscourge, and Nakoix, Lightscourge.

Ghost: All this Scorn tech lying around makes me think they’re using the Darkness energy in this place to build some sort of lair. Best we clean 'em out.

** The Guardian enters the incubator chamber.

Ghost: I’m picking up heavy Darkness signatures in here, and more corruption.

Queen Mara Sov: You must be close to the incubator.

Ghost: Only one way to find out.

** The Guardian clears the corruption. Heimiks, Warden of the Harvest, appears.

Ghost: That definitely got the Scorn’s attention.

** Heimiks teleports the Guardian away from the incubator. The Guardian defeats multiple Scorn Portal Wardens and traverses previously-explored terrain while combating the Scorn. The Guardian returns to the incubator chamber and defeats Heimiks.

Ghost: We’re clear. But no sign of an incubator.

Queen Mara Sov: It must be hiding in plain sight. Look around.

** The Guardian reveals with incubator using Deepsight. The Guardian places Savathûn’s worm on the incubator.

Savathûn’s worm: Fear swells… Deception Queen…

Queen Mara Sov: What did you say?

Ghost: Nothing. You heard that too?

Queen Mara Sov: The parasite. It speaks once again. It…worked.

Ghost: You didn’t think it would?

Queen Mara Sov: Savathûn’s deception runs deep. I fear that somehow, the parasite is cursed. However… I have yet to see evidence of it.

Ghost: Looks like the incubator’s out of juice.

Queen Mara Sov: And the parasite?

Ghost: Its vital readings are still low.

Queen Mara Sov: Then we have achieved only partial success. There are more incubators hidden across the Throne World. I’ll attempt to locate them.

Ghost: Looks like our Cryptogylph’s drained too. But we may be able to fix that.

Queen Mara Sov: See that you do. Keep the parasite safe. I’ll be in contact once I locate our next incubator.

Ghost: …you’re welcome?

// REFERENCE {item: of-queens-and-worms-3 | Of Queens and Worms}