Shard of the Traveler (Stormcaller) Transcript

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Shard of the Traveler (Stormcaller)
URL: https://youtu.be/yPiGmW0VTqE
Recorded: 2017.09.09

Transcript:

++ The Sludge, European Dead Zone, Earth

Ghost: This forest is like a black hole. It just keeps pulling us back in. I suppose good things keep happening here… somehow.

**Guardian runs up a stream towards the Shard of the Traveler. An energy portal springs to life ahead of the Guardian and Ghost

Ghost: I see you haven’t changed much, portal. Still… huge and scary…

++ The Dark Forest, European Dead Zone, Earth

Ghost: Are you ready for weird story time? I’m ready for weird story time.

**An apparition of a Warlock sitting crossed legged appears

Ikora: As a Warlock, you are the unleashed storm. You are power unleashed. Focus. The Arc is inside all life. Feel it take hold. Let it flow through, but not consume you.

**Another apparition of a Warlock looking skyward appears

Ikora: You are a conduit. Between sky and earth. Electricity and matter. Life and death.

**In a little hollow, an apparition of Gu’urc, Venom of Oryx appears

Ikora: Yours will be a difficult path- jagged, like lightning itself. It is only the few who have power to call down the storm. I’ve not often seen this talent from someone so young. I always knew that you were different, but I never understood my unease. I’m afraid there is little left that I can teach you.

**As the Guardian turns away, Ghost detects incoming enemies

Ghost: Hey, we’ve got company!

**They fight through the enemies and jump through another portal

Ghost: Over there. Another projection.

**An apparition of a Warlock, reaching out appears just down the hill

Ikora: “Quiet”, said the Voidwalkers. “Louder”, said the Sunsingers. I tried to heed them both. When I felt anger, I smothered it with shame; when I felt peaceful, I drowned it in guilt. And in so doing, disappointed everyone. Then came the hurricane. First the rage, and then, the eye. And I realised I need not choose between the calm and the storm. Indeed, to have either, I must be both.

**As they walk along the path, another apparition appears of a Warlock summoning their Stormtrance

Ikora: Deep breath. Exhale. Faintest breeze. In, out, a spark on the wind. Inhale. Hold it. The air inside you is still. Quiet. A positive charge. A cloudless sky. Now exhale all at once- aaaaah! A peal of thunder. Electric potential. A charge in the air. Breathe in deep Ozone burns your lungs. Hold it. With your next exhale comes the lightning. Hold it. Hold it. Now!

**A final apparition appears, of a Warlock mid Stormtrance

Skorri: I close my eyes and open my mouth. A breath. A storm. A song. I blow a kiss for good luck on my Arcbolt Grenade and launch it at my foes. I launch a Thunderstrike and rain destruction from a distance. I call down a Stormtrance and sing my body electric. Second verse: Perun in shadow clad, behind the shield/ through cleansing fire our hiding foes revealed.

**Pushing forward on the path, Ghost spots the Shard

Ghost: There’s the Shard. Wait. Did you hear that? Taken, inbound!

**The Guardian fights their way to vanquish all the Taken that appear

Ghost: That Shard must have a little light left to give.

**The Guardian approaches the shard, reaching out to be filled with Light and becoming a Stormcaller

Ghost: Lets show the Taken what you’ve learned.

**The Guardian fights though waves of Taken, using their new Stormtrance to decimate them as they keep coming

Ghost: The Taken will do anything to stop us from leaving.

**The Guardian battles and triumphs over Gu’urc, Venom of Oryx

Ghost: Whew. Nicely done. Lets get out of here. I’m ready for a change of scenery.

**A portal appears, teleporting the Guardian and Ghost back to The Sludge, European Dead Zone

Ghost: I don’t know what the Traveler keeps choosing to grant us its powers. there must be others like us out there, fighting for what’s right.

Lore question… Am I correct to attribute the voice to that of Perun?

I think it might be Skorri? Skorri’s a Sunsinger, so it’s a bit weird, but Perun’s a Hunter. Besides, the line does mention singing a few times, and given how Skorri was writing the Iron Song, I think it’s probably her.

1 Like

Created Shard of the Traveler (Stormcaller) based on this post.

I left the speaker as ‘Unknown’ but added a note suggesting that it could be Skorri.

There is a line missing at the following part:

Ikora: You are a conduit. Between sky and earth. Electricity and matter. Life and death.

It should be the following:

Ikora: You are a conduit. Between sky and earth. Electricity and matter. Life and death. You are a weapon. You must have harmony within to be a hurricane without.

Edit:
Also, at the following part, Ikora says (as seen in the subtitles) one instead of someone:

(…) It is only the few who have power to call down the storm. I’ve not often seen this talent from someone so young.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing those missing lines @jeevoc! I’ve added them to the transcript.