Shard of the Traveler (Striker)

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Shard of the Traveler (Striker)
URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e30L9lzBSqI
Recorded: 2017.10.06
Transcript:

++ The Sludge, European Dead Zone, Earth

Ghost: This forest again… well, I can’t say our last visit wasn’t memorable. Let’s see what we can find.

** Guardian follows a stream deep into a cave

++ The Dark Forest, European Dead Zone, Earth

** Guardian enters a cave and finds a portal inside.

** The portal opens and is made from what resembles Taken energy

Ghost: Whoa! Um. Knock knock?

** Guardian enters the portal and steps into a ghostly grove of trees with a stream

Ghost: Gotta love the ambiance… Hey! Do you see that? Over there. The light.

** Guardian follows the path and finds a still humanoid projection of light.

** Zavala begins to speak from an unknown source

Zavala: You are a Guardian of the Last City. You are the hope for humanity. Some doctrines argue that the role of a titan is to stand in defense of the City. The Strikers see a crackling offence as the best defense. Strikers throw their bodies at incoming fire so others wont have to. It’s also the most direct line to a target. Because, you see, when a Striker turns her entire body into a projectile, no one is truly safe. And at close quarters, a fist is better than any gun.

** Guardian continues to follow the path and finds another humanoid projection made of light.

Zavala: As a Titan, you lead the charge. You are the first into the fray. The body is made from tiny stuff, from near-nothings. From atoms swimming through a blood of crackling sparks. Simple eternal laws shape the universe. The largest galaxy is ruled by principles of mass and motion. Electrons are slaves to charge and to chance. And this is why the universe feels inexhaustible, eternal. The Light allows us to master charge and chance. Wielding Arc energy in their fists, Strikers becoming the roar of thunder, the crash of lightning

** Guardian finds a large Cabal projection made of Light.

** Zavala and Wei Ning begin to speak from an unknown source

Zavala: Some of the greatest Titans have defined the charge. Lord Shaxx. Saint-14. Wei Ning.
Wei Ning: When my Ghost found me — when I was reborn as a Titan — she found me in a desert. I had died far from civilization, far from anything I could have possibly used to defend myself. I had the armor she made me, flimsy as it was, and a thousand miles to walk to get to what she said was my new home. Of course, we ran into problems.

** House of Dusk Fallen attack the Guardian

Ghost: Heads up! Fallen!

** Guardian defeats the Fallen and another portal opens

** Guardian enters the portal and steps into another ghostly grove of trees

** Guardian finds another projection made of Light

Ghost: I think these Light projections might be lessons.

** Wei Ning begins to speak from an unknown source

Wei Ning: Bandits, first, with guns scavenged from who knows where. My second death was terrifying. But I got back up, and the night sky sparkled overhead, and the man that killed me stared aghast, and I laughed. Immortal! Me! I could do anything! So I threw myself at him. If my body couldn’t be broken, then that was my greatest weapon, greater than any gun that could jam or knife that could dull. Each punch and charge and kick would only sharpen my skills. I taught the Strikers this truth. The fastest and surest way to a Guardian’s victory is to rush headlong into that danger. Be unafraid. You are the lightning, and the thunder after it.

** Guardian moves deeper into the grove and finds another projection made of Light

Zavala: With Strikers at the fore, the Red Legion cannot hope to stand against us. We are the Titans of the Last City. We are Strikers. And we will not be stopped.

** Guardian moves deeper into the grove and finds another figure made of Light

** This figure made of Light is in a Fist of Havoc pose

**A female voice begins to speak from an unknown source

Unidentified Female: I hear the roar before I see him, but when I look up I can make out a blue burst against the skyline. When he falls, he brings the sky with him. He scatters me and my squad to the wind. Leaves us dead as the moment our Ghosts found us. They bring us back, and he helps us up. Then he says one thing. He said… “Tell me what you’ve learned.”

** Another portal opens

** The Guardian enters and finds a Shard of the Traveler

** The Shard is white with purple glowing fractures and nearby trees pulse with electrical energy

Ghost: Another Shard of the Traveler! But we’re not alone.

** House of Dusk Fallen attack the Guardian

** The Guardian defeats the Fallen.

Ghost: This Shard called us here. I’m sure of it.

** The Guardian communes with the Shard and is infused with arc energy becoming a Striker

Ghost: The Shard gave us a gift. Lets use it.

** Wellsprings of Light appear and are centered around green healthy saplings

** The Guardian receives a Boundless Light buff when in the wellsprings of Light

** House of Dusk Fallen attack

** The Guardian defends the Shard

Ghost: I’m picking up Fallen radio chatter. They’re calling reinforcements.

** Another wave of Fallen attack and are led by Poknis, Order Captain

** Poknis, Order Captain, and the Fallen are defeated by the Guardian

Ghost: Incredible. If that was a test, I think we aced it.

** Another portal opens and the Guardian leaves

++ The Sludge, European Dead Zone, Earth

** Guardian exits portal into The Sludge

Ghost: I’m sure the Traveler called us to the forest deliberately. It’s amazing that even a corrupted Shard can still do so much good.

Hate to say this… but you missed two of the light figures. I’ve just run this through on my Titan, and when you went through the portal, you followed the river instead of the track. Missed out Zavala saying

‘You are a Guardian of the Last City. You are the hope for humanity. Some doctrines argue that the role of a titan is to stand in defence of the City. The Strikers se a crackling offence as the best defence. Strikers throw their bodies at incoming fire so others wont have to. It’s also the most direct line to a target. Because, you see, when a Striker turns her entire body into a projectile, no one is truly safe. And at close quarters, a fist is better than any gun.’

and

'As a Titan, you lead the charge. You are the first into the fray. The body is made from tiny stuff, from near-nothings. From atoms swimming through a blood of crackling sparks. Simple eternal laws shape the universe. The largest galaxy is ruled by principles of mass and motion. Electrons are slaves to charge and to chance. And this is why the universe feels inexhaustible, eternal. The Light allows us to master charge and chance. Wielding Arc energy in their fists, Strikers becoming the roar of thunder, the crash of lightning.

Also @baxter i think this is my 4th example of subtitles being different to the audio. Some times its an odd word here or there. But other times, it completely changes the meaning of what is going on (not for the better I might add)

@CAL-9 I have a recording I grabbed after I did the mission. Want me to send it to you so you can just splice the missing to sections in?

2 Likes

Darn, I’m mostly upset that I missed the other two parts. Please do send me the video! I’ll clean it up and adjust the transcript.

1 Like

Its not edited. Sorry. I wasnt expecting anyone to watch my gameplay. I was in the middle of eating dinner (with no mic, thank goodness)

2 Likes

@pirate_dani when subtitles and audio differ, we should use the audio. We have this rule in our transcript guidelines:

Even in D1 the subtitles were occasionally wrong.

It’s okay. I’m glad you grabbed it.

For some reason the video isn’t loading. I am on a mobile device so I can check when I get home on a pc. I can send you a Dropbox link too of that would be better.

It shouldn’t work. It’s not been rendered for playback. I just threw it on there so you can download it. Can’t you download it? As a file.

1 Like

@pirate_dani The video url and transcript have been updated.

1 Like

I feel terrible.i thought you were just going to splice in the two extra lines into your video. I made you completely edit my terrible video. I am so sorry.

Lol your video was fine! I didn’t know if I should include the whole mission, so I really just cut to the chase for when the narrative progressed.

1 Like

@baxter This transcript and video should be done unless any outstanding issues are found. The video content was updated and the transcript was aswell.

Just listening to it before posting, I’m not sure if the last speaker is Wei Ning. The voice sounds slightly different…

1 Like

You’re right. I just updated the transcript to reflect this.

Created Shard of the Traveler (Striker) based on this post.

2 Likes

I found this today. It looks like the voice should actually be a Hunter talking about Lord Shaxx. Lord Shaxx uses the line, “Tell me what you’ve learned” in Ghost Fragment: Lord Shaxx 2.