Shard of the Traveler (Sunbreaker)

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Shard of the Traveler (Sunbreaker)
URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjhGpXs-ZVI
Recorded: 2017.09.11

Transcript:

++ The Dark Forest, European Dead Zone, Earth

Ghost: I see you haven’t changed much, portal. Still…huge and scary…

**Guardian enters portal

Ghost: You ready for weird story time? I’m ready for weird story time.

**Guardian approaches projection of a male Titan

Zavala: Some Titan orders predate the City, born of a darker time, when Light was an untamed weapon. The Sunbreakers brought honor to the wild, never seeking the safety of the City.

**Guardian approaches projection of a Titan

Zavala: Bound by an oath, they live as mercenaries, seeking battles and alliances beyond the Walls. Now the light of their fire has at last found rank among the City. Forge the fury of undying suns. Wield the Hammer of Sol with honor, Titan. It is a thing of legend, both past and future.

Lord Shaxx: How do I know the Sunbreakers? I fought with them at the pinnacle of the Wall. Shoulder to shoulder. They died right alongside us that day for a city they felt had abandoned them. I admired that. Never thought I would see the Light of their hammers in the City again. But that Guardian…that Guardian always surprises me.

Ghost: Hey, we’ve got company!

**Taken appear

**Guardian defeats Taken and enters portal

Ghost: Over there. Another projection.

Lord Shaxx: The Fallen were everywhere. Lord Saladin sent a regroup order to all channels. Zavala backed him. They weren’t yelling, but it made my ears ring. Their exact words I can’t remember. But Saladin and Zavala- their message was clear: all is lost. Six of us took the Wall that day, against orders. One of us a Sunbreaker named Liu Feng. She wasn’t even from the City. We died, and died, and died. But we had each other, and we had our Light. Six of us. The Wall held. Zavala and Lord Saladin made their counterattack.

**Guardian approaches projection of a Sunbreaker

Lord Shaxx: So Lord Saladin and Lady Efrideet. He’ll hate that I’m telling this story. But Lady Efrideet—I like Lady Efrideet—she tells me everything. We like our stories, and we like our helmets. So Efrideet, she lifts Saladin over…over her head. And she says… She says, “I never miss.” She lifts him over her head, and she throws him. And he cranks his Fist of Havoc. Their combined Arc energy singing like a drawn sword! Twenty miles down he plummets— into a Fallen Walker! He’s like a… like a cannon shot out of a friggin’ anti-aircraft gun. Everything—EVERYTHING explodes! Her Ghost was laughing when she revived him. They saved a whole village of people. This was the Dark Age. They had those. Villages. I miss those days. I miss… Lady Efrideet.

**Guardian enters portal

Ghost: There’s the Shard. Wait-did you hear that? Taken, inbound!

**Taken appear

**Guardian defeats Taken

Ghost: That Shard must have a little Light left to give.

**Guardian interacts with Shard and becomes infused with Sunbreaker powers

Ghost: Let’s show the Taken what we’ve learned!

**Guardian defeats Taken, including Drensix, Venom of Oryx

Ghost: Whew. Nicely done. Let’s get out of here. I’m ready for a change of scenery.

**Guardian enters portal

Ghost: I don’t know why the Traveler keeps choosing to grant us its powers. There must be others like us out there, fighting for what’s right.

1 Like

Created Shard of the Traveler (Sunbreaker) based on this post.

One part has been skipped and was not noted down due to the path taking in the video. You can see it here (YouTube) at around 6:17. The section missing is between the last two interactions with the Titan and the Sunbreaker.

Zavala likes to say that survival is a temporary condition. To fight for it, always. But survival is already owed to us. The Collapse has come and gone, and yet here we stand. It is our nature to survive, whether we like it or not.
Guardians ask me, “What should we fight for?”
How about peace? How about a city without fear?

1 Like

Welcome @jeevoc! Thanks for pointing those missing lines. I’ve added them to the transcript on the Ishtar site.