The Disgraced (Strike)

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: The Disgraced
Video URL: N/A
Playlist URL: The Disgraced | Track Navôta (Introduction): "Escaped a Previous Vanguard Operation" | Beyond Light - YouTube
Recorded: 2020.11.16

Transcript:

// REFERENCE {interaction: Commander Zavala — A Guardian Rises}

++ Forgotten Shore, Cosmodrome, Earth

// REFERENCE {item:power-play-2| Power Play}

** The Guardian searches Skywatch for Navôta before she can regain strength.

Zavala: Hive broods value strength over all else. When you and Shaw forced Navôta to flee, you weakened her position.

Shaw Han: She’ll be desperate for a victory to regain her footing.

Zavala: That desperation makes her a threat in the Cosmodrome and beyond. This is a worthy challenge for you, Guardian.

Shaw Han: Cas and Maeve gave their final deaths fighting Navôta. That can’t be for nothing.

Zavala: It won’t be.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE If the player did not complete Beyond Light’s New Light Campaign
Zavala: Guardian, Hive forces are lashing out from the Cosmodrome, led by a disgraced wizard named Navôta.

Ghost: Disgraced?

Zavala: She narrowly escaped a previous Vanguard operation with her life. Now the brood questions her strength.

Ghost: She’ll be desperate to prove herself.

Zavala: Indeed. That desperation makes her dangerous, but also reckless. Eliminate her before she regains her footing.
}

++ Terrestrial Complex, Cosmodrome, Earth

** The Guardian scours the rooms of Skywatch to find Navôta.

Shaw Han: Steady. I know how those nerves feel. Pack it away; eyes down the sights.

// OPTIONAL {
Ghost: Lots of movement ahead. Be ready for anything.
}

** The Guardian fights their way through the enemy forces in the Terrestrial Complex.

Ghost: Fallen raiding party up ahead. They don’t seem thrilled about Navôta’s presence.

Zavala: They won’t appreciate yours either.

** The Guardian clears the area and continues to fight to Skywatch.

Ghost: I’m reading dense Hive signatures in a facility up ahead.

Shaw Han: Navôta is gathering her swarm.

Ghost: We might be walking into a trap.

Shaw Han: That’s the gig. We carry the Light where no one else can.

// OPTIONAL {
Ghost: I’m reading dense Hive signatures in a facility up ahead. I don’t like this. It feels like a trap.

Zavala: Then spoil their plans.
}

++ Skywatch, Cosmodrome, Earth

** The Guardian fights through Skywatch towards the Jovian Complex.

++ Jovian Complex, Cosmodrome, Earth

** The Guardians finds the entrance to the Jovian Complex.

Shaw Han: I burned out the rest of Navôta’s hiding spots. She’s got no where to run.

Zavala: A well-crafted snare.

Shaw Han: Just doing my part. It’s in your hands now, Guardian.

// OPTIONAL {
Ghost: We’re close now. She won’t escape this time.

Zavala: Retreat isn’t an option for her. Not with the brood doubting her. Expect the worst, Guardian. Navôta has no choice but to defeat you.
}

** Ghost breaches the Jovian Complex. The Guardian searches the Jovian Complex for Navôta. Navôta, Eir Spawn appears.

Shaw Han: All right! Take her down!

// OPTIONAL {
Ghost: That energy signature — that’s her, that’s Navôta!
}

** The Guardian pursues and defeats Navôta, Eir Spawn.

Shaw Han: Cas, Maeve… they can rest easier now, thanks to you.

Ghost: We couldn’t have done it without you, Shaw.

Shaw Han: Maybe. Don’t sell yourself short. I see a spark in you, Guardian. Make sure you keep it safe. Don’t let it get to your head, okay? This is only the beginning of your story.

Zavala: Excellent work. Return to the Tower.

// OPTIONAL {
Zavala: Navôta’s play for power showed the danger in Hive logic, but also it’s flaws. You’ve proven that the path to victory comes only from the Light.

Ghost: We’re happy to send the message, Commander.

Zavala: Excellent work. Return to the tower.
}

Some Notes: The title was too short, so for the draft it’s called “The Disgraced (Strike)” but for the final version, we can drop the “(Strike)”.

This Strike is a direct follow up to the New Light Campaign: before “Power Play” there’s the quest step “Welcoming Committee” which is directly related to New Light’s Advent Mission.

Shaw, having received new orders from Zavala, sent you to deliver the superconductor to the Vanguard. The Last City awaits you.

This is where the Beyond Light Campaign comes in: Shaw Han’s new orders would pertain to scouting House Salvation’s efforts to ruse House Devils in the Cosmodrome, which explains why The Guardian couldn’t canonically take part of the events of “The Disgraced”.

Counter argument: On the other hand, we also have this from the end of the Advent mission.

Ghost: That about wraps it up. Zavala sent me a message saying he has a mission ready for you. Check in with him if that sounds interesting, or we can just explore. In any case… I’m with you till the end. You take the lead.

The way I see it, Zavala’s intentions are for this New Light Guardian to go kill Navôta; however, because Ghost says "Check in with him if that sounds interesting, or we can just explore," I now have this nagging thought that it’s actually open-ended and that the New Light Guardian doesn’t canonically do this. I might be overthinking this…

Either way, I think that Optional Notes should only be for the “Non-New Light” dialogue since this Strike is directly tied to New Light’s “A Guardian Rises” Quest. LMK what ya’ll think, I can always make changes.