Vow of the Disciple

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Vow of the Disciple
Video URL: N/A
Playlist URL: Vow of the Disciple | Queen Mara Sov: "A Dark Entity, Unknown In Power" | Witch Queen - YouTube
Recorded: 2022.03.08

Transcript:

++ Miasma, Savathûn’s Throne World

** The Guardian’s Fireteam seeks to enter the sunken Pyramid and confront the danger imprisoned within. Projection of Savathûn appears.

Queen Mara Sov: Guardians, I am not your Vanguard, and I give no orders, only a warning: the Pyramid ahead is not like those you’ve previously encountered. This one was not left for you to find. You were not guided to it, not beckoned. This domain belongs to a dark entity, unknown in power. It seeks domination of the Throne World. Your presence within will be most un—

Rhulk: Welcome, children of Light. Drown in the Deep. Or rise from it.

** The Guardians defeat the Projection of Savathun and remove the Hive glyph. Rhulk sends a message to the Guardians’ HUD: Approach, Children… — “Through mud and mire you trudge, seeking that which lies in the bog. Does it drown? or rise? Perhaps you will decide.”

++ Disciple’s Bog, Savathûn’s Throne World

** The Guardians approach the Pyramid vessel. The Guardians defeat Scorn Abominations – Knowledge Bearers – and fill the Pyramid vessel with Overwhelming Knowledge. The Guardians use the Pyramid vessel to traverse the bog and return the vessel to the Pyramid itself. The Guardians are granted access to the Pyramid and proceed inside.

Rhulk: Earth scorches. Suns fade. Look… beyond.

** Rhulk sends another message to the Guardians’ HUD: You Search and Search and Search… — “Listen not to those who supply cautions. It is insulting to you, oh children of Light. Let strength be your guide.”

++ Acquisition, Savathûn’s Throne World

** The Guardians descend into the Pyramid and witness Xita, Mother of Worms, providing power to a superweapon called the Upended. The Guardians proceed into a room full of Glyphs and then enter a large area containing a rib from the Leviathan.

Rhulk: The Witness… sees Light fall. Glimpses you… free of chains. Boundaries. Truly limitless potential. Domination unbound.

** Rhulk sends another message to the Guardians’ HUD: Truth. Symbolize. Is. Materialize. Everywhere. — “Your eyes are always closed. Do you not see what’s right in front of you? Those who fail to see the truth will drown in it.”

** The Guardians combat the Scorn, while protecting the Obelisks. The Guardians defeat Taken Knights – Disciple’s Compasses – to reveal the location of each Glyphkeeper. The Guardian access multiple chambers and defeat Scorn Chieftains – Resonant Glyphkeepers – to reveal the Glyphs. The Guardians input the Glyphs into each Obelisk: the ingress accepts all offerings and the path forward is revealed.

Rhulk: The Upended. A triumvirate. Opportunity. Preservation. Salvation. It will serve the deserving. Crush the defiant.

** Rhulk sends another message to the Guardians’ HUD: You Exhaust Me — “Life is but a pointed game, pointing you in pointless directions towards pointless goals.”

** The Guardians witness Worms and Scorn figures being preserved in large quantities as they progress throughout the Pyramid.

++ Collection, Savathûn’s Throne World

Rhulk: Not kings. Not gods. Disciples. Prophets. Saviors serving existence. An undying purpose. A privilege.

** The Guardians approach the Caretaker. The Caretaker turns to acknowledge the Guardians, but ignores them, continuing its actions. Rhulk sends another message to the Guardians’ HUD: Do Not Disrupt the Caretaker — “SCORN. They eat away at the decay within a shell of. SCORN. Truth exists all around outside the shell of. SCORN.”

** The Guardians enter a chamber: the Caretaker becomes disrupted. 2 UNIQUE WIZARDS APPEAR. While offerings are being collected from the Wizards’ chamber, the Caretaker approaches the Obelisk: the Guardians interfere by stunning the Caretaker’s equipment. The ingress accepts all offerings and the ritual is complete. The Guardians use resonant slabs to engage the Caretaker. The Guardians engage the Caretaker for the next three floors. The Caretaker makes a final stand. The Guardians defeat the Caretaker.

Rhulk: The defiant… subjugated. Not for pleasure, nor glory… but in service of an ailing, endless void. Where does your purpose lie?

** Rhulk sends another message to the Guardians’ HUD: You Are Directionless… — “They say purpose questioned is healthy. Perhaps aimlessness does not plague you. Futility, however…”

** The Guardians proceed further into the Pyramid bypassing multiple platforms and groups of Scorn.

++ Exhibition, Savathûn’s Throne World

** Rhulk sends another message to the Guardians’ HUD: Nothing More than Meaningless Trinkets — “Did you think you were the observer? Or did you believe you pulled the strings? Now’s your chance — with artifacts or fate, you can make them dance.”

** The Guardians enter a room with Glyphs displayed on a wall and acquire the Artifact, which activates Terminal Resonance. The Guardians defeat Resonant Glyphkeepers to reveal the Glyphs and proceed into the second room.

** The Guardians acquire the Aegis to cleansed each other from the pervading Darkness. The Guardians defeat the Disciple’s Hourglasses and Resonant Glyphkeepers, and proceed into the third room.

** The Guardians acquire the Eye of Riven to remove Taken Blights. The Guardians fight through the third and fourth rooms defeating the Disciple’s Hourglasses and Resonant Glyphkeepers. The Guardians unlock the final room and return all relics to deactivate Terminal Resonance.

Rhulk: Resilient, but credulous. You came to conquer. Moved pieces. Turned gears. To us, you sought harm, but performed aid. The Upended will live out its namesake. This world will be sealed from the Light, leaving your kind to suffer. You are not fit to serve the deserving. You will not rise from the Deep, but drown in it.

** Rhulk sends another message to the Guardians’ HUD: Apocalypse is on Your Horizon — “The end is near by your own hand, children. Come, sit beside before you drown.”

** The Guardians fight through the Disciple’s Centurions and Taken forces as they progress towards the Upended.

++ Dominion, Savathûn’s Throne World

** The Guardians approach a giant Resonant crystal atop the Upended. Rhulk, Disciple of the Witness appears.

Rhulk: You have served your purpose. All that waits you now is the gift of death… the darkness beyond your final days.

** Rhulk sends another message to the Guardians’ HUD: DROWNDROWNDROWN — “The Upended is alive. You have no more tasks ahead of you. Lie down and embrace the darkness beyond your final days.”

** Rhulk casts a Darkness barrier. The Guardians shatter Rhulk’s giant Resonant crystal, removing pervading Darkness and leeching force from Rhulk. Rhulk summons Taken and Resonant Glyphkeepers. The Guardians defeat Resonant Glyphkeepers to reveal Glyphs. As Rhulk arrogantly hovers above the area, the Guardians destroy two of Resonant crystals to continue leeching force from Rhulk. Rhulk uses the Suns of Lubrae to attack the Guardians, but the Guardians begin emanating force. The Guardians use their emanating force to weaken the Darkness barrier.

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: Stay and die, leave and die. Doesn’t make a difference to me.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: What to do with your corpses? Perhaps they could line the walls of my domain.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: The Upended has turned countless worlds upside down. Yours will be no different.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: Oh, how I cherish your constant dance with death!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: Thrilled to pick my teeth with your bones, little ones.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: The only shape you’ll take is that of death.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: Big day for all of you! Congratulations on making it this far.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: Take your time!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: [yawns in mocking exaggeration]
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: Give up yet?
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: No need to rush.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: Is this a test? Yes… MY test! I deliver you finality.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: I am very impressed with you all. Really! I’ll still have to kill you, of course.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: The Witness sees you. Grants you opportunity. And you squander it!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: Serve the abyss…
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: Embrace the end!
}

** Once the Darkness barrier is disabled, Rhulk summons his glaive, Lubrae’s Ruin. The Guardians leech power from Lubrae’s Ruin by breaking it. The Guardians begin emanating power by absorbing the Suns of Lubrae from Rhulk. The Guardians deposit their emanating power into the [Ingress?] to subjugate Rhulk’s weak points and destroy all 4 vulnerabilities. Rhulk becomes more aggressive as the Guardians engage him. The Guardians retreat as Rhulk drains the Ingress’s power and reforms the Darkness barrier.

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: Wake me when you’re done playing around, little ones.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: My blood spilled. Bravo!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Rhulk: More. More! I will return the favor.
}

** The Guardians continue leeching and emanating power from Rhulk until they disable the Darkness barrier. The Guardians challenge Rhulk again until Rhulk makes a final stand. The Guardians defeat Rhulk, Disciple of the Witness.

Rhulk: Witness… forgive me!

** In his defeat, Rhulk’s body emits vines of Darkness. The Disciple’s glaive, harbinger of ruin for eons, now lies still, ready for the Guardians’ communion.