Savathun, and Xivu Arath

So, we know that Savathun and Xivu Arath are the only surviving children of the Osmium King. (Not counting grandchildren)

Focusing on Savathun…

How is she able to take? Did she just inherit the power Oryx had? Is having the ability to Take tied with the sword logic? Is she even able to Take?

I NEED TO KNOW!!

Focusing on Xivu Arath…

Wouldn’t Xivu Arath come to kill us before Savathun? I mean, Oryx was her closest relative, so wouldn’t she want to avenge the only thing she truly loves? I’ve heard that Savathun is at odds with Xivu Arath and Oryx. Not sure where, but I definitely heard it.

This is just a small point but…

If you don’t have evidence for it then don’t say it. :wink:

It’s not something that I am aware of, anyway.

1 Like

According to the Book of Sorrows, Oryx was able to take because of the Tablets fo Ruin. Once acquiring these tablets, Auryx became Oryx, The Taken King.

Auryx the First Navigator set upon his god with his sword and his words, and cut Akka to pieces, and took from those pieces the secret of calling upon the Deep. He wrote this secret on a set of tablets, which he called the Tablets of Ruin. And he wore them about his waist.

Then Auryx said, “Now I may speak to the Deep, the beautiful final shape. I will be King of Shapes. I will learn all the secrets of our destiny.”

His speech to the Deep is not recorded here. But it is known that he returned, and he said, now I am Oryx, the Taken King. And I have the power to take life and make it my own.
Source: https://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/xxviii-king-of-shapes

I also doubt that Xivu Arath would come to kill us before Savathun because Xivu Arath likely knows to fear the guardians because if we were able to kill Oryx, we would likely be able to kill Xivu too. Also, Xivu doesn’t have an army of Taken at (her?) disposal. Savatun would likely come after us because she is Smarter than Oryx, and she can now take, as we know from the Lake of Shadows strike. She has also been sending all sorts of scouts, per se. Including things like Savathuns Song, the boss in an Io adventure, Iraz, Eye of Savathun, and other bosses regarding Savathun. She is scouting us out and wants our system for herself. Where Oryx failed, she is confident she will succeed.

Ghost: Zavala, the Taken leader is down for the count. Surprise of the day: he was Red Legion.
Zavala: Impossible… Oryx is long dead. There’s no one left to take.
Ikora was telling me about a Hive tome called the Book of Sorrows. That Oryx has sisters.
Zavala: You both dealt with the Taken on Io. I’ll consult her about this. In the meantime, excellent work. All of you.
Source: Lake of Shadows Strike

Guardian defeats Iraz, Eye of Savathun.
Ghost: Hey, team? The screaming thing from the abyss is dead.
Ikora: That creature was the servant of some higher power. I fear something has claimed Oryx’s crown.
Source: Adventure- Unexpected Guests Transcript

Please fact check me, I’d rather not be spreading false info.

I don’t think that Savathûn would “avenge” Oryx. I mean after all she went in a black hole just to get away from him and in the description of the sword, Dreadfang, it says “Kingly brother, I thank you for the gift of your failure. The sword logic demands a pinnacle.” this is most likely Savathûn because we got this after we slay Malok who was a child of Savathun who was then Taken by Oryx. But I think that Savathun is just taking her time with us.

This is great info. I would just like to note in the repeatable mission “Broken Courier”. The last two bosses you face are Taken who are “honored” or named in Xivu Arath’s name. This could mean that she is also fighting for the power to take.

Most definitely. Xivu isn’t just going to let Savuthun have the power to take. Xivu Arath isn’t going just let Savathun have the system.

wouldn’t Xivu be more powerful then both Savathun and Oryx since she is the “warlord” of the family. She feeds her worm through war and conflict, direct conflict so with her gaining the power to Take she would be an even greater threat than Oryx was

I would agree with you but not everything is war. Secrets are usually much more powerful than war. Oryx also had the power to Take and he slew the worm god Akka. Oryx was the pinnacle of the trio. Now Savathûn seems to be second in line and she has plenty of secrets.

Savathun I believe is a greater threat because she is not weak and can wage war, and she is also cunning. Xivu may be strong, but she does not posses the cunning and planing ability of Savathun.

that is very true, brains are better than brawn in some situations. With Savathun having the power to take she would most likely take things that are crucial our weapons manufacturing( someone please hide Banchee for me I’m worried)

But… Taken weapons! A-And Armor! I miss my Taken crud, and I wished they added a Taken Shader, because that’d be so much fun!

1 Like

Which might mean a temporary alliance with her? Probably not just a thought :3

1 Like

If I am not mistaken, the Revelry Dawn armor appears taken when you use a tincture of queensfoil.

Yes it does.

Also, it’s the Reverie Dawn armor. Not being rude, just making sure you don’t miss inform another person at a later date!

Fair, I forgot the spelling was different.

Yea, it does, but that means I have to get a ton of Queensfoil, and a set of armor I’d rather not have, if I’m gonna be real